38

Water was surrounding me and I felt like I was flying. My head dipped out of the water as I gasped for air. „Not a good day huh?" Kie asked me and I made a face at her before I sat down on my board.

It's been weeks, probably a month and a few days and Madison was gone. Like I haven't seen her once, it's like she just disappeared. „Nah." I answered Kie.

Holidays just started and I was excited about, enjoying my next 4 free weeks. „Theres a party at the Pogues beach today... and tomorrow and basically every free day." She said with a laugher and I couldn't help but return it.

„Are you coming?" She asked me but I shook my head. Rafe said he wants to spend todays evening at our place. „I'm busy." I told her as we finally approached the beach.

„Rafe?" She asked and I nod at her. „It's still weird that you're together." Kie mumbled and I looked at her with a confused look. „Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you it's just... Lili and Rafe. It's weird." she explained to me.

I just let out a laugher „Kie, Me and Rafe have been together for almost 7 months." I chuckled at her and so did she. „I know, he just doesn't deserve you." She said and I shook my head at her.

„He does." I chuckled. I dozed off into my thoughts. I get her point, it is in a way. Like, he's the kook prince, the guy everyone on the island fears.

The one who walks down the stairs at Midsummers, the one girls would kill for to just get looked at by him and I? I'm just a Pogue with no money.

It's a combo that not even I would've expected. „Lil?" Kie said, making me snap out of my thoughts. I looked at her and she looked up, on the space next to me.

I turned my head and looked up, just to see the kook prince, who we were just talking about, standing in front of me. „Hey baby." I said with a smile, covering my eyes with my palm so the sunlight won't hit my sight.

„Are you ready, love?" He asked me and I looked at Kie with pressed lips. „I forgot to tell you he wanted to pick me up." I told her and she tilted her head at me, giving me her mom stare.

„Figured." She said and then nod at my bag, signing me to go. „Love you." I told her after I leaned over and kissed her cheek. I then grabbed my bag and stood up. „can you do me a favor and get my board home?" I asked her and she immediately nod.

„Thank you Kie, I'll text you. We'll catch up on surfing together, pinky promise." I said as I pointed at her. „Alright babe." She uttered and I smiled at her. „Bye Kie." I said while I slightly waved at her.

„Bye lil." She said to me. Rafe didn't bother to say hey or bye to her. He just grabbed my bag away from me and then put his arm over my shoulder, leading me to his car.

I leaned my head onto his side, taking in his touch. „I missed you." He mumbled and I felt his lips on my forehead. I started to grin, he's so sweet. „I missed you too." I told him.

His kiss on my forehead felt like air brushing my skin. We've been apart for 4 days because he was on a trip with his dad, but we called and texted everyday.

I raised my hand up to his one that lay around my arm and intertwined our fingers. His thump stroke my hand while the Metall of his ring burned into my skin.

We've never been apart for that long and I missed him, of course. But I think it was way harder for Rafe than it was for me.
But I didn't complain about it, I also missed him very much.

We approached his car and he immediately opened the car door for me so I sat down. He walked around the car and then sat down on the driver seat.

He immediately placed his hand on my thigh, dangerously high while he put pressure on it. „I missed your touch." He murmured as he started driving off.