62

I stood in the middle of the kitchen, right in front of the table, reading the note Rafe left for me. They were tulips, a delivery man just brought them to me. They were rosa and beautiful and were just perfect. He knows they are my favorites.

‚I'll be better my love, I promise- Rafe C.'

That's what the note said and I couldn't help but smile at it. He is trying and I'd love to just run into his arms and wrap my arms around him, to give in. But I still can't, even tho my whole body wants it.

Every part of my body is longing for him but I can't show that to any one. My thumps stroke over the note, admiring his beautiful handwriting. „Hey gorgeous!" Kie said walking in.

On an instant, I turned around, hiding the note behind my back. „Hey." I smiled at her, standing in front of the tulips. „What have you got behind your back?" She asked me with a smile, frowning her eyebrows a little.

I quickly put the note in my back pocket and let my hands fall on each of my sides. „Nothing." I smiled at her innocently. Her gaze fell behind me, landing on the flowers. „Are those tulips?" She asked me.

„Yeah." I mumbled. „Who send them?" She asked me, shoving me aside lightly to get a look at them. „They're just from Rafe." I said with an eye roll, pretending that I wasn't smiling at his flowers just a few seconds ago.

„Rafe?" She asked me and I nod, still acting like I don't like him. „Didn't he left a note?" She asked me and my eyes lightly widened. „No, why would he?" I chuckled and she raised her eyebrows at me.

She got me, I know that look of hers. „How do you know that it was Rafe then?" She asked me, a grin slowly doing its way on her face. „Fine, you got me." I said, letting out a groan as I pulled the note out of my pocket.

Kie was quick to snatch it out of my hand and read it. She immediately pushed out her bottom lip, looking at the note in awe. „Lil, this is so romantic." She cried out and I nod at her, snatching the note back away.

„I know." I mumbled. „But you remember what he did to you, right?" She asked me and again, I nod. „yeah, I won't take him back, don't worry." „That's not what I was saying." She corrected me, holding onto my arm.

I looked at her in confusion, what is she talking about? „don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you with someone who's better for you, but-..." She looked at me as she smiled at me.

„He loves you and if you still love him, I won't go in between you two." She said to me, stroking my arm like a mother which gave me the feeling of comfort. „There is no us anymore, and there won't be." I assured her which made her frown her eyebrows.

She lightly lilted her head at me but I shook my head. „there won't be." I again said, this time quieter but still loud enough. „Just do what's best for you." She said to me and I nod at her with a smile. „I will."

______________

It's been 2 days and another bouquet of flowers arrived with another note. This time they were violet tulips with a white bow around them, holding them together.

‚you are my favorite feeling- Rafe C.'

A smile again cam up on my face and he refused to leave my mind. This man is everything I've ever craved for. But maybe we're just not meant to be, maybe we should both move on.

______________

2 weeks have passed and another bouquet of flowers arrived. I thought I'd get annoyed of the flowers, but I didn't. I'd always catch myself getting excited when another one would arrive.