Wait... am I a plant?!

I don't own One Piece. If I did, three-baby style would be canon and the ultimate technique.

--------------------------------

"It's set! It's finally set!"

"Ngah?" You jerked up your head at Nami's jubilant cry. "Whaz zet?" Only to receive two separate smacks to the back of your skull.

"I already told you not to move, Big Sis!" Chopper furrowed his brow, giving your tongue an extra firm yank as he forced the rest of your mouth open to shine a small torch inside. "How am I supposed to see if you've healed up correctly or not if you keep wriggling about!"

"Not to mention that speaking with your tongue out is disgusting. Especially when you really don't need to," added Mello. "Nami?" His beak swivelled around so he could face her, "What exactly has set? The Log Pose?"

She grinned broadly, "Yup! It's pointing to the next island, look!"

"It is?!" Luffy latched onto the end of the bed you were sitting on, flipping himself upside down and clapping merrily with his sandalled feet, "Then all that's left is to get our ship!" He beamed, "This is gonna be so fun!"

It had been a week since Franky had promised to make you a ship. During which, he had explicitly forbidden any of you to try and sneak a peak at the construction or plans before he was finished. Leaving you and the crew to do nothing more than rest for a whole seven days. And while you couldn't deny that you all desperately needed the time to recuperate, anticipation and cabin fever were definitely beginning to set in. It wasn't that this particular cabin wasn't nice (it was! And surprisingly comfortable too), but there was only so much of Water 7 you could really take, all things considered.

"Well, Big Sis-" Chopper released his hold on your mouth- "I'd say it's all healed up. And pretty well too, all things considering. All the nerves have regrown... sense of taste is just fine..." He gave you a big encouraging grin. "I think you're good! I don't need to monitor it anymore!"

"Really?!" You rolled the muscle around your mouth. Testing how it felt. Observing how it moved. In all honesty, you thought that it'd been fine for a while now, but Chopper had insisted on keeping a closer eye on it 'in case of infection'. Which yeah, was the smart and logical solution... but it still sucked. "Awesome, thanks a bu-"

"Although it does seem to be a little longer than it used to be."

...

You blinked at Mello. He stared eyelessly back at you.

Then you both turned to Chopper, "What?!"

"It's just from my own observations," he muttered while packing the rest of his medical equipment into his little knapsack, "since I didn't know that I should measure the length of your tongue beforehand, but Doctorine made me pretty good at judging the dimensions of things by eye. Mostly by throwing objects at my head. So I'm fairly sure that your tongue's gotten longer." Pausing, he cocked his deceptively innocent face. "You didn't notice? Something like that should be a pretty noticeable change, especially in an area as sensitive as the mouth."

You had already grabbed the end of your tongue and yanked it as far as it could possibly go, "I didn' habba cwue!"

"Missy that is disgusting." Mello's blade wrinkled, "Although..." then furrowed in confusion as he stretched over to get a better look. "It does appear to be different to how I remember it being."

"Ooh! Oooh!" Luffy stretched over your shoulder, "Can you touch your nose with it?! Like this:" he demonstrated with a very obviously rubber tongue. " 'ike dis!"