19 - happy birthday, Char

It was April 27th, Charlie's birthday. After ringing the doorbell, Nick stood in the driveway waiting for someone to answer the door.

"Aren't they letting you in?" A monotone voice said.

Nick looked behind him. It was Tori. She was carrying two shopping bags, both filled to the brim with groceries.

"Let me open it," she said whilst walking past Nick. She put both bags in her left hand and reached into the pocket of her coat. She took her key and opened the door.

"Why is no one answering the door?" she shouted upon entering the house. "Nick's here." Tori walked straight towards the kitchen and placed both bags on the kitchen counter. Nick stayed in the hallway. He took his time to properly take off his shoes and coat. At home, he would've just thrown his schoen on the ground and thrown his coat over the coat rack. But the Spring household was always extremely tidy and neat, so he kinda felt obligated to store his shoes and coat properly. Although, it was not like any of the Spring siblings were doing their best to keep the house tidy, seeing as their shoes were spread all over the hallway.

"You're early!" Charlie said whilst he walked up to Nick.

Nick looked over his shoulder and smiled at him. "I thought you could maybe use some help with the last preparations."

"How thoughtful."

Nick stood up and turned towards Charlie. He wrapped his arms around Charlie's waist. "Happy birthday, Char." He whispered, before putting his lips on Charlie's.

"I've got a present for you," Nick said with a big smile on his face. 

"Nick, you really didn't have to do that!" Charlie said whilst Nick gave him his present.

It had become a tradition for Nick and Charlie to always get the other something handmade for their birthday. It started with the picture frame and the photo album and had continued ever since.

Nick had been working on Charlie's present for a couple of weeks now. He wasn't the best at crafts, so he got Sarah to help him. Nevertheless, he was so proud of what he'd created, and couldn't wait to show Charlie.

As Charlie opened his present, he started to frown. After removing the wrapping paper, he was now holding a glass container of 10cm by 30cm. "Wow Nick, this is...uhm" he said a little startled.

"You've got to read the label!" Nick exclaimed as he pointed towards a rectangular wooden label.

"This drumstick has been used by Sarah Jones at Harry Styles' Love On Tour London N1..." Charlie read out loud. "Wait, Nick omg, this is actually amazing." He said whilst embracing Nick in a tight hug.

Nick had taken him to Harry's concert half a year ago as a present for their 5-year anniversary. Charlie absolutely adored Sarah, so you can probably imagine the joy he felt when Nick managed to get one of Sarah's drumsticks for him. Ever since that day, Charlie had been trying to find a way to store the drumstick.

"I know right!" Nick exclaimed. "You can store Sarah's drumstick in here. I know you didn't really have a place to properly store it, so I made you one."

"I love it, Nick."