Chapter 5

Kai's Pov...

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you about something." I texted her.

"What?" Came her reply.

I wonder how should I put it? I am not a person to beat around the bush nor is she. I believe I'll just come to the point straight.

"Why didn't you tell me that your online friend has a crush on me and that she's Yue?" I queried. I am seriously annoyed at her.

It's somehow a good thing that we aren't talking in person or I could guarantee that it wouldn't have ended well.

"I was in the class, genius." She replied.

"You could have told after that." I messaged.

"Oh, my bad. I wasn't aware of the fact that I'm surrounded by idiots who would just start talking on a daily basis without even introductions." Was what she replied.

Now that I think about it, I didn't want to bother with anyone so I never asked. And Yue used another name to introduced herself as 'Towa'

About me, I didn't like the idea of telling my identity, so I didn't tell her.

I sighed and told her about what all happened. I am sure that she is so amused right now.

"So, all this time, you were listening her praising you and you didn't even realise it? I used to think that you are sharp witted." She queried.

By now, Dranzer was laughing so hard. "Hahahaha... Why don't you tell her that.. hahahaha... you didn't realise it because... Haha... You never thought that you could ever have those many positive traits... Hahahaha..."

I glared at him and he vanished into thin air right away.

As if on a cue to this, Kiara messaged "Or maybe she just projected her crush to be a far better person than you really are."

"True enough." I replied. "So, now what am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"Why are you even asking? Just tell her." She replied.

In a similar situation like this, I would have done exactly that but for some indefinite reasons, I ended up asking her about what should be done.

It will get so awkward now. If I had any clue earlier about her having a crush on me, I would have introduced myself but I never considered it necessary, assuming that she already has someone, so it wouldn't matter. But now, I'm stuck.

But it's only right if I tell her. I decided to do just that.

I texted her and she replied soon enough.

I never felt this much nervousness in my life that I am feeling right now.

I was typing long messages only to delete them again. After some struggle with my increasing nervousness, I finally typed a whole message that felt satisfactory to me to some extent. As I was about to click on send, I got a new text from her.

"Well.. you know, there is a science fair being organised in our school. It will an open exhibition and people from outside the school will be visiting.. even from his college, students will come.. do you think, he'll come too? And.. would he still remember me?"

As soon as I saw her message, I felt the necessity of sending that message, decreasing. My thumb worked on its own and clicked on the delete as the whole message disappeared in less than 30 seconds.

When the message was all cleared, I realised the stupidity that I just did. Urghh! Why am I behaving like this??!
What's wrong with me??!

But again, as I looked at the phone's screen, the urgency to reply to her text rised. Without knowing, I sent her the reply "It's possible if the other students of the college are coming too."

After sending that message, I re-read the message myself and realised that how 'Out of my character' that message was. I immediately regretted sending that message.

I should have told her that it's me who is she talking about! But instead, I sent a message in the response and hid it even more!

"But you know... I don't have any idea about what should I do for the exhibition.." her another message came.

"Look for the topics and try to pick something essential that will appear as a unique topic. Anything you choose, try to present it in a way that will attract the attention of the people itself." I told her.

"And? Anything else?" She asked.

"Since it's going to be an open exhibition, try to make it straight to the point and easy to understand. Not all people are from science afterall." I replied and she agreed.

After a while, when I still couldn't take my mind off my situation, and as I was continuously finding myself thinking about what should I do, or how should I tell her, I thought to go to the river again.

The river is so calming and the cool breeze relaxes me. The river is at quite a distance from the city, so not many people come there.

I sat down on the side and tried to stop thinking about her. Why can't I take her off of my mind??

I heard footsteps but I decided not to mind the person. The person soon came and sat beside me.

That's when, I felt a sudden strong urge to look at the person, and so I did. I found the person to be none other than...

Any guesses??? Who's the person??