Ties that Bind

My dreams have been growing... I wouldn't say confusing, ludicrous would be a more apt analogy. People I don't recognize, a battle field... this is all so strange to me.

But these people... even though I've never seen them before, I still feel a strange sense of familiarity with them. They call me their sister...

But that can't be right, my siblings aren't Hoshidan. My brothers and sisters hail from Nohr, I can see them from across the field, fighting their hardest to reach me. Yet I don't feel a sense of urgency, or fear for that matter, I just see and experience. But even with everything in front of me, it's just so hard to understand.

Looking over my shoulder, I see so many people, Nohrian and Hoshidan alike. All fighting, trying to kill each other, it makes me sick. I want to scream and beg for them to stop, but my voice doesn't work, like I'm submerged, the sound drowned out. The voices of my brothers and sisters become muffled in a similar manner.

Then, two possibilities flashed through my head, a light path and a dark one.

The light path saw me on the road of ease, but pain. After months of strife, a dark dragon awaited me. Even though I was able to win, I lost Xander and Elise.

The dark path saw me on the road of hardship, but results. Even though I fought with my family, it still felt off. Even after I gave the butcher a taste of his own medicine, I still lost three people who are precious to me... though I can't recall why they are precious to me.

I... can't...

I don't want to abandon those I know, but at the same time, the guilt I feel for betraying these new people makes me sweat.

Why... why is it so cold?