The Metkayina.

FINALLY GOT THIS OUT! I am so sorry for the long wait for this, I promise I'll start getting chapters out sooner then this, I just gotta get some motivation back!!

It might be harder now that the heat is here and will 100% get worse as summer closes in but I will do my best <3

Enjoy!!
_________________________________
This is all in zdogs POV for this chapter, just a heads up!
_________________________________

I sighed, looking down at the sleeping Syawn that rested against me. I felt terrible for not being there enough for her first injury, and now she's been shot again. Time was ticking and it would only be a matter of time for if her leg would go completely numb due to the blood loss. I looked away from my mate and looked forward towards a large flat out rock where three young na'vi children stood.

Tstew let out a loud screech as I led him to land on the boulder. The children were quick to stand back and protected a girl from the mysterious rider, which was me, from any harm by hovering their arms in front of her.

'Relax, it's just me. I need your help, Syawn is badly wounded.' I lifted Syawn off my banshee. They gasped and ran over to help assist with carrying her.

'Are you Syawn's mate? Lo'ak and Tsireya told me about you, I couldn't see you when I was rescuing them.' The oldest asked as we placed Syawn on the boulder carefully.

'I am, but we can talk about this later. Syawn is our main priority. Any of you trained for this sort of thing?' I looked around at the three, the girl held her hand out.

'I am, a little. But it would be best if my mother was here. She is Tsahik.'

I nodded. 'Okay, well until then, can you try and help her?' I asked before we were interrupted by hisses.

'Who is this demon? Get them out of my way. I will tend to the wounded.' The woman spoke, anger filled her eyes when they met mine. I swallowed harshly and backed away to let the woman approach my injured mate. I trusted my instinct in assuming this was the mother of the girl.

'It's okay mother, she's Syawn's mate. Who is a friend of Lo'ak and Neteyam's family.' Tsireya reassured her mother, who sighed heavily and gave me a "don't try anything" sort of look. The woman focused back on my injured mate and thought carefully about her next moves.

'Tonowari, we must take this woman and her mate back to our clan. I cannot aid her without my medicine.' She turned towards the tall and muscular man who stood a few feet beside me. I barely noticed him until now, and he was intimidating as hell. I gulped and lowered back down to hold Syawn's hand.

The man nodded. 'I'll carry her to the village, I'm not sure how this one will get there though.' He pointed to me, giving me an unsure look.

'She can ride with me.' Neteyam spoke out, softly smiling at me.

'Thank you.' I stood up again and looked back to the man.

'Do not worry, you can trust me to protect your mate.' He reassured me. I smiled and began to follow after Neteyam, who led me towards the ocean and made a chirping sound to call for his ilu.

I turned back one last time to watch as the man, who was called Tonowari, carry my mate into his arms and lift her onto his strange ocean creature. I sighed heavily and turned back to Neteyam.

'Come on, let's hurry!' He patted behind him, motioning me to get on. I nodded and slid down onto the ilu's back. I shivered at the cold water but managed.