[001]

—SMOKE FLARED FROM THE JET BLACK DRAGONS NOSTRILS AS he bounded throughout the sky, carrying the Princess Morganna on his back.

The brunette girl smiled at the strong feeling of the chilling wind caress her cheeks, and the sight of clouds float past her. The sky was a gorgeous bright blue, the sun as warm and golden as the summer season.

These were her favourite of days, though she wished there was someone it could be shared with. Her brothers and mother were always busy with their duties as future heirs. The only one that ever spent much time with Morganna was Daemon, who would on occasions race her on dragonback with Caraxes.

Her and Daemon were probably the closest of any of her family members, he seemed to be the only person to understand her. As a child, Morganna was kept isolated from the rest of the realm for what her mother claimed as her own protection. Morganna was different, she could see visions, and what came with that was the interest she had found in magic from a young age. The realm called her a 'witch' or a 'enchantress' and even sometimes a 'sorceress'. Of course, they weren't wrong, she fit the definition of the name.

Morganna practiced blood magic, though she was still not as skilled as many across Westeros assumed her to be. There was only a handful of spells she could perform successfully, one being that she used on her own dragon, Balerion II.

By mixing her blood with his own, she was able to perform a ritual that allowed the two to communicate with one another as if having a normal human conversation. Of course, Balerion couldn't talk, but each roar, grunt, bellow or chirp he made was easy for Morganna to understand, as if it was like being able to speak a fluent dragon language.

Of course, this spell would not last more than a month or so before she would have to redo the ritual to be able to communicate clearly with one another again.

"Land now my child." Morganna spoke softly in High Valyrian to her dragon.

With a soft grunt and a flare of his nostrils, Balerion allowed his wings to glide as he descended from the sky, and toward the castle of Dragonstone. With a loud thump, Balerions feet touched down on the grass banks out the back end of the castle where the rest of the dragons resided while their riders were busy.

Balerion was the second largest of the dragons on the island, with the first being Caraxes who was slightly bigger than Balerion, both in height and length.

Morganna gave her dragon a pat on his neck before sliding from the saddle and onto the ground. The Princess pulled off her gloves and folded them into one hand before moving over to Balerions head. The black dragon pressed his nose gently against his riders stomach in a gesture of embracing her. Morganna smiled and wrapped her arms around his snout while resting her head on the top of it.

"I love you sweet boy." She spoke softly.

Balerion purred at her words and nudged her slightly before pulling his head back, causing her arms to release around him.

The Princess smiled, "I'll see you later." She said before turning around and striding back toward the castle from which she came only two hours prior.

From down the hallway Morganna could hear voices discussing something that appeared to be rather important, though like the many times before, she retreated to her room instead of involving herself. Rhaenyra didn't like Morganna to be apart of matters concerning the throne or the future of their house. She loved her daughter more than anything of course, but she didn't fully trust the girl, after all, being a supposed witch was never fair on one's reputation.

Morganna didn't mind though, she'd grown use to being ignored and secluded away from her family. She was content with the company of Balerion and Daemon, though she did sometimes wish her brothers would be allowed to hangout with her more often, especially her young brother Lucerys.