let the gAmes begin

Aria's POV

Living at home with my parents has been a living hell. I have no freedom at all. I can't even go to the bathroom without being questioned and I have to go home with my mom everyday because she doesn't trust me and I hate it.

"Mom can Spencer come over?"

"Yes but only Spencer." she said

I invited her over because I was bored out of my mind and she let me call Ezra using her phone.

"Ezra it's Aria." I said quietly so my parents wouldn't hear me.

"Hey! I miss you!" He said surprised to hear from me

"I miss you too." I said getting emotional.

"I want to see you."

"Ezra I can't leave my house except for school. I only turn 18 in two months and I can't wait that long to see you."

"What if we meet tomorrow morning before school. I can wait in my car for you outside."

"Ezra if my mom sees you she's gonna kill you."

"Don't be so pessimistic babes isn't she going away with Mike and your dad?. I'll park far away so her teacher friends don't see me and you come to me."

"Ok well I guess I'll see you then." I said smiling and I hung up

"You ok?" Spencer asked me

I nodded and she helped me with some of my homework.

Spencer's POV

I feel really bad for Aria. Her parents are clearly upsetting her and she's holding all of her anger inside. I saw her tearing up before she stopped herself and I kinda want to bring it up but, I don't want to make her cry either.

I was helping her with some of her history homework and she was barely even talking to me. she was just nodding and mumbling yes an No and it made me really sad to see her like this.

"Aria!" I said to get her attention and she looked at me.
"I know it's hard not seeing Ezra but making yourself sad and depressed Isn't really gonna do anything to help you."

She still didn't answer me and I was starting to get annoyed.

"Aria please answer me. or at least tell me what's wrong if it's not Ezra . I asked

"Spencer I'm obviously sad about Ezra but this is about A." she said

"Did A hurt you or do something to you?" I asked concerned

"Not yet." she said pulling out her phone and showing me a text

" Poor little Aria. Trapped in your house. I guess this just makes things easier for me.

A"

"Aria you can never be home alone do you understand me." I said scared for her.

"Yes why do you think I called you over! My parents took Mike to a lacrosse tournament and they won't be back for two days! " she yelled back at me and it took me by surprise

"Ok Aria you don't have to yell at me I'm just trying to help you."

"I'm sorry." she whispered and continued to do her homework.

I was laying down on her bed when I heard her small sniffles and I felt bad for yelling back at her

"Aria I'm sorry." I said getting close to her

"Spencer don't worry about it. it's just hormones." she said wiping away tears.

"are you sure?" I asked

"Yes I'm sure.Do you wanna go downstairs and watch some tv?"
She asked and I agreed

"Aria why won't your bedroom door open." I asked pulling it as hard as I could

"Spencer I don't know let me try."

She kept pulling at the door but it wouldn't even move. it felt like someone had bolted it shut.

We both sat on her bed defeated and her phone buzzed.

"Let the games begin.
-A"