(30) Then what's stopping you?

A/N: Hey Babes, so there's a 99.8% percent chance that I won't be updating again because being a senior in high school sucks and I'm more focused on staying alive than anything.

This chapter is a bit of big time skip but it's actually the first one that I wrote, it's the night of the Tulkun's arrival

P/S: this is the song they're dancing to.

Enjoy!!<3

~~~

That night the Tulkun sang their songs as some metkayina men and women, about 7 in total danced, to the rhythm. the rest just sat there watching.

Jake and Neytiri were sitting with Tonowari, Ronal and Tsireya and Aonu'ng

Tyane was slightly bored, she usually participates in these things, she even led a few back home.

She LOVES dancing.

You only live once a voice sang from the back of her head.

It was right.

so she took a deep breath and got up, heading towards the dancing group.

"Where are you going?" Lo'ak hissed, not wanting to be embarrassed in front of his crush.

"Dancing" She answered simply

"I wanna dance too!" Tuk exclaimed

"What are you waiting for?" She questioned, walking backwards and extending her hand for her little sister to hold.

Lo'ak just groaned and hid his face in his hands.

None noticed them or paid the two any mind until they joined the dancing group and start mimicking them.

~~~

Jake looked like he was about to faint when he saw his two daughters walking up to the dancers and dancing along with them.

He was about to get up and try to get them both down somehow, not wanting to offend the chief or his wife in any way when a hand on his forearm stopped him, he didn't need to look to know it was Neytiri.

"Let them, Ma'Jake. Look" She pointed to where Tuk and Tyane were dancing and humming the rythme with big smiles on their faces "I have not seen either of them this happy since we left our home"

Jake looked at Tonowari, who gave him a small nod so he sat back down.
Letting his daughters enjoy themselves the way anyone their age should.

~~~

Kaltuk HATED this, he hated how she walked up to the dancers like she owned the place. He hated how she tried her best to mimic the dancers and laughed whenever she made a mistake. He hated how she purposefully made mistakes to not make her sister feel left out. He hated how confident she acted through it all as nothing else in the world mattered; Not how some of the older folk were glaring daggers at her, Not how some of the warriors were snickering and making rude comments about her, not the children looking at her in awe, And certainly not how his gaze must be burning holes through her by now.

What he hated the most though was how he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

the only thing he hated more than that was how he didn't hate any of it.

~~~

Tyane watched as her brother, Neteyam not Lo'ak, along with a few others hesitated to join.

So she whispered something in Tuk's ear and walked off the stage and walked towards the chief's table with Tuk right next to her.

With all eyes on them, Tyane noticed Tuk getting anxious and curling into herself so she bent down and whispered "You're the centre of the attention, you Own it"

Tyane straightened, grinning at the people who started at them, she looked down to find her baby sister copying her.

Once they reached the table, they both signed 'I see you's to the Olo'eytikan and tsahik which they returned

Then Tyane turned to Tsireya "Come dance with us"

Tsireya's eyes widened and she stayed quite for a few seconds "W-what? I can't" stammered

"Why not?" Tyane tilted her head to the side

"I- uh... didn't train, I'm not sure I know all the steps" She looked down embarrassed

"So what?" Tyane shrugged and leaned forward resting her hands on the table "Are you just not going to do something just because you do not know the next step" She crossed her arms and straightened "Honestly Tsireya would you rather watch life pass by or actually live through it"

Tsireya looked up at her "Live through it?"

"Then what's stopping you?" when Tyane saw Tsireya looking around at the people

"Oh please, Rey We both know they'll never make fun of you and if they did that means their lives were empty enough to have nothing to talk about other than yours"

"She's right, Daughter" Tonowari spoke, and both of the girls were shocked.

"okay... I'm coming" Tsireya sighed

"Finally" Tuk sighed

"You can come too Aon'nung" Tyane said, he just rolled his eyes, She shrugged

the three of them turned and walked back to the dancers, Tyane heard Tuk tell Tsireya to own the attention they give her, and she looked down to find Tuk smiling her adorable smile at everyone and Tsireya smiling down at Tuk and when she looked up Tyane winked at her making the girl blush.

Once they reached the group they separated copying the dancers' formation Tyane took the front not wanting either girl to get uncomfortable from the attention, doing stupid moves on purpose making both the girls laugh and loosen up.

When she caught Neteyam's eyes motioned for him to join them. He shook his head, laughing, before getting up and joining.

Tsireya motioned for Rotox to come, along with a few others.

Just like that their group kept growing, The sound of laughter seemed to be echoing the music:

Tuk was dancing with a bunch of kids her age, Tyane was glad her sister was making friends since she was really sad leaving her friends behind

Tsireya was laughing surrounded by a group of people all dancing together, none of them judging the other

Tyane was about to turn around and leave when a voice came from behind her "leaving so early?"

~~~

A/N: Sorry for the cliff hanger