Chapter 2: letter

1071 words eat up children

"DARLING!" Remus called happily. It was already August 20th so there was only 12 days until Y/N was back on the hogwarts express :)

"Yes dad?" Y/N shouted. No response. "YES DAD?" no response. "YES DA- oh for fucks sake."

She ran down the stairs and into the kitchen where her
Papa was happily eating cereal and her Dad was stood with a proud look on his face and a letter in his hand.

Y/N's pov:

"Good morning darling! Why didn't you answer me?"

I stood there unable to say anything. My mouth was wide open with shock.

After about 10 seconds I found words.

"I DID. THREE TIMES."

"No you didn't. Your forgetting that being a werewolf means my ears are extremely strong they pick up everything." He said tapping his ear.

"WELL CLEARLY NOT STRONG ENOUGH?" I replied and papa just started laughing.

"You two fight like an old married couple. Kiddo, the point is you got your letter!" Smiled the man.

"REALLY? OH MY GOSH YAY!!!" I was so happy to go back to hogwarts, even if I did only have one friend who everyone thought was looney, I loved her so much. There was also an older boy called Cedric Diggory who I had gotten quite close to in the past year, so I guess that makes two. The reason for that was because I didn't really talk to any other people. Sometimes I would just go completely non-verbal and Luna understood that and didn't make me talk. That's why I loved her so much. She always understood, I met her on the hogwarts express in first year, ever since then we've been inseperable. You never saw one without the other.

"So, what does it say? We need to go shopping in hogsmede soon and Sirius you have to act like a dog again otherwise you can't come."

"OH WHAT? LAST TIME SOME OLD GUY WITH A CHIHUAHUA YELLED AT YOU FOR NOT PUTTING ME ON A LEAD BECAUSE HIS PRECIOUS MINNIE COULD GET HURT. I DIDNT EVEN DO SHIT."

"LANGUAGE DARLING! and if we bump into that guy I will punch him."

"Good."

I started laughing, it was always so funny when my dads were acting like this but it did make me kind of jealous, I wanted a relationship like theirs so badly but since I literally didn't talk to anyone I couldn't. I could probably get with luna but she's my best friend and I only felt that way towards her for like a month in first year before I saw hermione and since then it has NEVER been the same. She has me wrapped around her finger even though the only conversations we've had were me apologising for bumping into her and that one time we accidentally sat next to each other in transfiguration and had to work together but we both had no idea what we were doing.

Oh hermione. She was so effortlessly pretty. The way her bushy brown hair falls so perfectly down her shoulders like a swirly waterfall never fails to fascinate me. Her chocolate brown eyes are so easy to get lost in. The way she speaks is unmatched by anyone I've ever met. Her-

"Earth to Y/N?"

"Huh? What?"

"Welcome back kiddo!" Papa says teasingly.

"Oh sorry" I say quickly, embarrassed.

"So, what's on the list?" Dad asks.

"Books, parchment, quills, the usual." I reply.

"Have you been thinking of doing anything new this year?" Papa asks curiously.

"No I don't really do much other than draw and I like to go near the black lake and play my guitar away from people in my free time which doesn't leave much time to do anything else." I answer truthfully.

"Well, what's the point of playing guitar if you won't let anyone hear you play? Surely you would want to get it out to someone?" Dad asked. According to him, everything needed a point. Papa understood but Dad's stupid wolf brain usually didnt.

"I- I would like to but I can't. I'm too scared what if I get judged?" I say, actually intimidated by the thought.

"Then punch them." Papa said, as if this was the obvious answer.

"WHAT? SIRIUS DONT SAY THAT. I WONT TOLERATE HER PUNCHING SOMEONE! Y/N DONT LISTEN TO YOUR PAPA." Dad said sternly, afraid that I would actually go through with it.

"Y/N LISTEN TO YOUR PAPA! I'LL BE THERE CHEERING YOU ON! I'LL BE ALL: 'WOOO GO Y/N! THATS MY KID!' AND IF YOU GET HURT I'LL HURT WHOEVER HURT YOUOR JUST SCARE THEM AWAY WITH MY BIG MEAN SCARY FACE GO RAAARRRR AND THEY WILL LEAVE!" Papa went on. I laughed at him, he always made me smile exactly when I needed to.

"What your Papa means is that he has just showed exactly what he WONT BE doing because YOU WONT be punching anyone, do you hear me?" He spoke seriously now so I knew he wasn't joking anymore.

"Yes Dad." I replied simply.

"That's my girl!" He said proudly, making me feel appreciated and happy.

"Oh dont pretend you didn't get into fights when you were younger Remus! You and I were howarts' biggest troublemakers! The best of the best! Number one pranksters! We got into fights all the time with snivellus and greasy hair, you know that!" Papa said bringing up his childhood as if it were only yesterday when it happened.

"Don't use those childish names Sirius. And what do you mean "we"? If by "we" you meant YOU then yes! You did get into fights all the time!"
"Shush"
"Make me"
"I hate you"
"I love you too"
"Ew."
"Shut up Y/N"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"I hate both of you"
"We love you too"
"Ew"
"Shut up Y/N"
"No"
"Yes"
"Don't start again you too"
"Be quiet papa"
"Yeah be quiet sirius"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"Okay you guys win I'll be quiet"
"YAY"
"Shut up Y/N"
"No"
"Yes"
"I hate you guys"
"Don't even we are way better than you"
"For real"
"No your not I am way better"
"In your dreams dog man"
"Be quiet wolf pup"
"Is that meant to be an insult?"
"Yes?"
"It's not a very good one-"
"IM TRYING"

A/N - fixing my daddy issues with this book fr