Chapter 12 - Harry

Word count: 343. Enjoy!

Hermione's POV:

Hugging Y/N tightly, I held her close to my chest and gently stroked her hair. I couldn't remember a time I'd felt more happy. But as I opened an eye, I saw Harry running towards us. He looked scared.

"Harry? What's wrong" I asked, slightly nervously. Y/N looked up.

"I need to talk to Y/N. Now." Harry said, his voice full of panic.

"What's wrong, Harry?" Y/N asked, her voice laced with nervousness.

"I know what the first task is." Harry announced buddy, though he didn't seem happy about it

"And what would that be?" I asked. Honestly, I just wanted to have Y/N to myself but I knew this was important.

"Dragons." Harry whispered.

Y/N's PoV:

"I'm..sorry?" I asked, indirectly asking him to repeat it.

"Dragons." Harry said, slightly louder.

I stayed silent for a moment. I couldn't exactly believe what I was hearing. Dragons? Surely that was illegal. It's dangerous, it's..its...it's deadly.

"Are you joking?" I asked. "Because if you are, that's not funny."

"I'm not joking. Hagrid told me. Showed me, even." Harry responded, his tone slightly cautious.

"Oh..." I was speechless. There was no way I could go up against a freaking dragon! I was only in my fourth year, for gods sake!  "Well...thanks for telling me."

"Any time." Harry said. "But...I recommend that you think of a technique before the task. This could be very VERY dangerous if you don't."

"Well yeah, Einstein, I gathered that!" I pinched the bridge of my nose and squeezed my eyes shut. Hermione hadn't said a word this whole time, she was just gently stroking my hair trying to calm me down. Harry held up his hands defensively and walked away.

"Hey- you can't just drop that information on me then walk away!" I said, completely shocked.

"I'm just giving you time to think. Trust me, you're going to need it. And so am I." Harry said, attempting to walk away before Hermione stopped him.

"I have an idea."

A/N: I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long. I'm going through so so much right now and I've been really trying to keep on top of everything but it's really hard so I'm sorry about that. I'm losing motivation but I can't leave you guys without your chapters so I'm back. You might know that my Mum died of cancer recently, on March 3rd 2024. She has been struggling, now her struggle is over and she can rest. That and other things that I won't be mentioning here have been stopping me from writing so I'm really sorry about that. You might notice that I took out some of the chapters, the reason for that is because I just didn't like how fast the burn was so I'm sorry about that aswell. I Hope you guys aren't too disappointed with me lol. Anyway, I love you all so much and thank you so much for reading. If you've made it to here, you are my favourite kind of reader. Lots of love! 🫶🏼

(Also I realised I started this book around this time last year and I'm only on chapter 12 so..I need to get a move on 🥲)