Chapter 11 - Luna

583 words. I DONT want any picky eaters saying "oh but I don't like to read sad shit" ITS NOT THAT SAD SUCK IT UP (me too). ANYWAY EAT UP CHILDREN!

It was a few hours after the incident in the great hall. Y/N looked so sad. She had her headphones on her head, sat against a wall in the courtyard and curled up in a ball.

Y/N's pov:
I've never been more anxious in my life. I really REALLY don't want to do this. I'm going to die out here. I'm going to fucking die and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Luna walks up to Atlas and wraps her arms around the frightened girl, kissing her cheek.
"It's okay my darling." Luna reassures calmly "Dumbledore would never do anything that would put you or other students in danger."

"I know but-!" I attempt to respond, but she holds a finger to my lips:

"Shush Y/N, we all know your just going to make yourself poorly with worry. Here, I brought you some green tea. It sometimes helps me so it might help you."

Luna pulls out a flask from her bag and a cup. I'm slightly convinced she has a Mary Poppins style bag where literally anything can fit in it. Anyhow, she pours me some green tea and hands it to me.

"...it's nice out here, isn't it?" She asks. It really is. You can hear the birds calling and the splashing sound of the river. It really is beautiful...

I take off my headphones and sip the tea. It really does make me feel better. Luna gives me a friendly kiss on the forehead and I put my tea down and hug her. We end up sitting there for hours, just cuddling and sipping our tea, talking about nothing in particular. We talk until the sun begins to set.

Luna kisses me on the lips as a goodbye and waves before standing and leaving. Little did I know there was somebody watching this whole interaction.

🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕

Hermione's pov:

I don't believe it. I do Not believe it. Y/N and Luna have been cuddling for the past TWO HOURS. They have kissed MULTIPLE times and I don't even know what's left and right anymore!

A tear falls onto my paper. I really am jealous...

I hold back a flood of tears as Luna waves goodbye to a content Atlas after kissing her. Why Luna? Why not me? She said she loves me but was that all pretend? She only loves Luna now. I'm hopeless. But even so, I'm a worried hopeless. I slowly walk over to Y/N, she still seems afraid. I put my hand on her shoulder and sit next to her.

"Are you okay?"

Y/N's pov:

"Are you okay?"

That sweet voice rings in my ears. I would recognise it anywhere. I immediately start to get nervous. I get butterflies in my stomach and I blush slightly.

"Y-yeah I'm alright.." oh no now I'm stuttering.

Hermione sits on her knees in front of me with a stern look on her face.
"No your not" She says firmly. "Listen Y/N, I know its horrible what you are going through but please don't pretend to be okay when you aren't. I really really care about you and I don't want to lose you just because you were too afraid to tell anyone what you were truly feeling. Please talk to me."

My voice starts to break. I, myself , am holding back tears despite the fact that I've just been comforted by Luna. The only words I can manage:

"I don't want to die."

A/N: thank you so much for your support and your comments, originally I was logged out of this Wattpad account and I wasn't going to even continue this story once I managed to remember the password. But seeing all your support has made me continue it. Thank you. :)