Chapter 6 - her fake girlfriend

1354 words, eat up children

It's safe to say that most people were surprised when the lonely, nervous, quiet kid entered the great hall holding hands with the girl that's supposedly gone loopy.

They sat at the ravenclaw table only to be joined by a girl that Y/N didn't really know that well, but Luna knew "inside and out" as she'd say. Y/N wasn't too sure what she meant by that which lead to some awkward questions... well atleast she learned her lesson not to take things seriously.

Anyway, it was Ginny. Duh.

Y/N's pov:

Ginny walked up to me and Luna and sat opposite us.

"Where. When. How. What. Why." She said. Ithought it was a smile, it turned out to be a smug smirk.

"Oh, ginny!" Luna smiled. "You know Y/N, right? Have I introduced you to her?"

"I know her but you've never introduced me." She replied.

"Alright! Allow me to introduce you to my girlfriend, Y/N Lupin-Black!"

With that, she kissed my cheek lovingly, making me smile. She was not only an incredible friend but also an incredible actor. I loved her so much.

Hermione's pov:

I watched as Ronald's sister walked up to Y/N and Luna. I didn't know why they were holding hands this morning but maybe something happened to make them extra happy? For what feels like the first time ever I feel.. unsure.

I may have not been able to hear them but I was staring long enough to see Luna say the word "girlfriend". I read her lips but didn't catch much of the conversation.

This had already raised suspension in me, but it felt like my heart dropped when Luna kissed Y/N's cheek in a non-friendly manner.

I don't know the emotion I felt after that. It was an empty sort of feeling, like my heart had dropped from my chest to my stomach or perhaps even out of my body and on the floor.

Unless it was hericki, according to defending the wizarding world page 785, there are no spells that should make me feel this way. And it can't be hericki because my heart isn't literally out of my body. It's still there obviously it just.. feels.. gone.

A/N - heriki (he-rick-eye). The defensive spell that removes someone's heart from their body. I made it up, it is one of the unforgivable curses that not many people know about due to its severity. I made it up myself I'm very proud of myself yay

What makes it worse was the sight of Y/N smiling from ear-to-ear. Like, I'm glad she's happy but some part of me tells me it's wrong. That I'm meant to be Luna in this situation. I'm meant to be the one kissing her. I'm meant to be the one making her happy. Not Luna. Me.

Oh, merlin, I'm being so selfish. She's happy so I should be. Don't think like this Hermione. Wait, why do I want to be with her? Sneaky A/n - honey, your gay is showing. Why do I, of all people, want to be the one kissing her? I barely even know her? Oh, but she's so sweet. WAIT, OF COURSE I KNOW HER. SHES MY BEST FRIENDS GOD-SISTER.

I hate Luna so much right now. I mean, I don't hate her per se. Hate is a strong word. It's hard to hate someone as sweet as luna. I don't even know how to- then it hits me. I'm jealous. I, Hermione Jean Granger, brightest witch of my age, am jealous.

"Blimey, Hermione, if you keep staring at Luna that way you might burn holes into her with your eyes." Ron scolded. I think he mightve been jealous too. I was about to reply when Ginny did for me.