Chapter 7 - Hermione

757 words children. Now eat up I don't want you picky eaters saying you want more eat up go on go on!

Hermione's pov:

It's been a day since everything that happened yesterday. I spent the night questioning why she did what she did. I thought we had something but clearly not. One day they were best friends, the next they were acting like they had been dating for years. It came as no surprise to me. I mean, Luna was the only person Y/N talked to for 4 years, it was bound to happen, I just wasn't expecting it. They have such a strong friendship it seems almost impossible.

Suddenly, a voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I hoped, for just a moment, that it would be Y/N, but no. It was just Ronald.

"Hermione, are you okay? Blimey, what happened?"

"It doesn't matter Ronald. I'm just- deep in thought." I replied, not caring much for whatever he has to say.

"Bloody hell you look horr-" He begins.

"Don't even finish that sentence." I say, angrily walking off eventually ending up in the library. I see Y/N talking with Luna. I've been taught not to eavesdrop - its rude - but, just one time couldn't hurt, right?

"Luna, this is so difficult. I saw her this morning, she looked drained and I'm worried for her."

Is she talking about me? She can't be. She wouldn't worry for me. I don't think she really cares that much about me.

"Look Y/N, I know my idea was stupid, but we've only been fake dating for one day. Nobody is gonna believe that we got together for a day then broke up."

What? Fake dating? Why would anyone do that?

"I guess your right. I should've just asked if she liked me. I forgot how bad it feels to be jealous. Just wishing you were someone else. I've definitely had my fair share of that."

Wait.. she likes me? No, she could be talking about anyone else in hogwarts. I'm just wishful thinking.

"Hermione likes you back for sure. Did you see the way she looked at me? I was scared she was gonna curse me."

Oh my god. It feels like my entire body has stopped moving. She likes me. She feels bad. She wants to date me. Holy shit.

"I don't just like her. I love her, Luna. And I don't know what I will do it she doesn't love me too. I can't deal with rejection you know that."

A huge smile forms on my face. My first thought is "I love you too. So, so much more than you know" but of course I can't say that.

"Y/N, I know for a fact she loves you. Someone told me once that when humans were first created, or before they evolved to what we are now, they were two bodies with two heads, four legs, four arms, basically two bodies stuck together. These could be two females, two males, or one female and one male. Through evolution, they were separated, making it easier to live. It is believed that these people will meet each other at some point in their lives. These people are soulmates. And I believe, that THAT is what you and Hermione are. You belong to each other."

I watch as her eyes light up at that. She looks so happy. I can't tell her that it makes no sense and that lunas gone loopy because I don't have the heart. And also, it.. kind of.. makes sense? In a wierd way?

"I don't deserve you."

"You deserve the world, Y/N."

They hug. A meaningful, loving hug. Their friendship is incredible, like no other. It's like their attached at the hip. Always together.

As their conversation comes to an end, Y/N starts talking about a book called "IT"? I take this as my cue to leave since the first sentence she says has the word "clown" in it, so now I'm terrified.

I leave the library, forgetting why I was there in the first place because, quite frankly, I didn't care anymore. She liked me, not Luna. They weren't dating, they were seeing if I liked her back.

I know I shouldn't, but I run to the forest. That conversation gave me so much adrenalin - my heart was beating faster than it ever did.

Once I'm inside the forest, not deep, but deep enough to know I'm there, I scream at the top of my lungs.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" I scream, laughing all the way. I'm so happy I could punch someone! Punch malfoy! .. again. That would still be fun though!

A/N - MY MUM CAME OUT OF HOSPITAL!!!! :D