...j-jake?!...✨

Tears drip down my cheeks as I stared at the text message, completely heartbroken. Why... what did I do to deserve this? I sobbed violently, my hands were shaking and the tears wouldn't stop... d-did he not like me after all? I slowly shake my head, realising that feeling this way wasn't good. I shouldn't care about how he feels about me... after all, he never liked me in the first place. I quickly wiped my tears, feeling better about myself even though it still hurt.

I sniffled, quickly getting dressed. Maybe I should go to the café to get something, so I can feel better about myself... Tch... I didn't need Swad and Swad didn't need me.

(Time skip)

I made it to the Café stepping inside to order coffee and a few snacks for myself. After I received my order I sat outside since it was bright and sunny. I was eating away until... I heard a familiar voice, my orbs glanced over as I saw him... I saw Jake calling my name.

(Jake): "Y/N! Hey, what's up?"

I blushed as I stared at him, quickly looking down at my coffee. "O-o-oh... h-hey j-jake... it's been a while... I-I-I h-h-haven't s-s-seen y-you s-since h-Highschool... it's been what? E-e-eight years?" I quickly wiped my tear away as I thought about my youth and how everything was so much easier. 

(Jake): "Yeah! How have you been? You look like you've been crying..." He sounded concerned, sitting across from me. "D-did someone hurt you?" He asked, worried. 

I hesitantly nodded my head. "Y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y—y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y—yy-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-yes... a-a-actually..." I stuttered heavily, looking into Jake's beautiful brown orbs. "T-t-t-t-there w-w-was t-t-t-this g-g-g-guy I-I-I-I l-l-liked... a-a-a-and h-h-he t-t-texted M-m-me s-s-something..." I sniffled, feeling the tears leave my eyes once more, streaming down my cheeks. 

(Jake): "o-o-o-oh no... w-w-what d-did h-he t-text y-you?" Jake stuttered, leaning in close. I blushed more.

I slowly pulled out my phone, looking at the message as I breathed heavily. "W-w-w-w-what he said was s-so s-sudden..." I sniffled, I reread it over and over again hoping that it was nothing but a dream— or that it was a prank...

(Jake): "W-well? What was it... what did he say?"

I sobbed as I slowly read the message out loud to Jake.

"H-h-h-h-h-hey Y-Y-Y/N... I-I-I-I d-d-don't t-t-think i-I-its M-m-meant t-t-to b-be... i-I-I tt-t-think y-you're r-r-really a-annoying, ugly and mean... I-I s-s-shouldn't h-have b-become f-friends w-with you, a-as it's one of my biggest regrets... you stutter so much which makes talking with you hard, that plushie I got you? It was a goodbye plushie. block my contact and never speak with me again." I stuttered heavily while reading all of that.

Jake gasped, his expression turning angry. 'Grr that prick...' Jake thought. He tried to hold himself back from losing his control. 

"J-j-jake... I-it's o-okay.. I-I-im o-o-over I-it..." 

"I-I dont need swad... I-i have y-you..." I stuttered anxiously, covering my face as I blushed. 

(Jake): "Oh right, you do... Tch. You don't need that guy, he's nothing but a prick who can't see you for who you are."

I smiled at his comment, looking off into the distance awkwardly before my orbs met his. "Tt-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-thank y-y-you... t-t-t-that r-r-r-r-really M-m-means a-a-a lot..."

(Jake): "How about I take you home, your still crying... Cmon L-let's go, Y/N."

He said, taking my arm as he walked me home.

(The end of Chapter 5)