MOCA

Ranique's P.O.V

Celene done tek all a the likkle energy weh mi have inna mi enuh. But pon a big, big Sunday a problem that. Mi hear the phone a ring, did aguh ignore it but waah mind seh check and see if a anything weh affi duh wid Dru caz a piece a mi heart that suh mi always concerned. Only fi see the security come up. A coulda wah now though, muss a next mad gyal enuh.

"Bredda nuh let nobody inside enuh caz the last time yuh almost mek mi property get damaged"

"Boss, a MOCA, dem a search and want yuh open a safe"

Cho bombopussyrassbloodclaat mn !!

"Soon fawud"

The safe have money in there and mi laptop and sheet and sumth. But them cyah find the safe caz the safe deh a waah secret location. Custom built so not even the house plan nuh have it. Mi deh beside mi gf and dem haffi come pon a Sunday fi search, normally ppl gas woulda done pon a Sunday, but no MOCA a tear down mi house.

Mi shake Celene. She was up in no time.

"Wah time"

"After 12, mi affi guh home guh deal wid sumth. Yaah come?"

She nodded and we went to brush our teeth, use the bathroom and leave out, I told her she was ok caz she won't be leaving the car. Mi pull up and get bex yf caz e man dem knock ova all mi flowers dem, tf mi look like. Just come out and slam the door enuh caz why tf dem a destroy mi property and mi a nuh ... well, I am but, mi place clean.

Mi guh up inna mi bedroom and see them round the safe which is my decoy which is nicely tucked beside the toilet behind a removable piece of tile. The fucka dem did a search yf. But mi cyah mek it guh suh smooth.

"Weh unuh warrant deh fi a search up mi property?"

One who look like him in charge step out.

"Can show yuh it afta yuh open the safe. "

Simply mean seh dem nuh have none. Dem just a pray fi ketch mi wid sumth fi justify the search.

" Affi seet before mi open a safe with mi personal belongings inside"

"Not exactly"

Celene's P.O.V

He left me inside the car with the AC on, hate the Kingston heat so much. I noticed the security collecting an envelope and hiding it fast. No, something no right inna this a baxide. But how mi aguh get Ranique outta this. Then an idea from God hit me. I did Computer Science in sixth form, going to reprogram his alarm system to go off. It was a quick change in the software programming, (don't ask why mi have that kinda app pon mi phone fi bruk inna anything, it save lives ok).

Soon after I heard the carbon monoxide detectors going off which is going to send a direct call to the fire brigade and it's MANDATORY to exit the building to avoid the toxic fume. The alarm was so annoying, along with the sirens the pad was saying "Carbon Monixide detector...." and naming the different locations. Everybody came piling out of the house and I saw Ranique walking as fast as me coming out of the ATM in downtown Kingston.

" Come like a God rescue me, them did aguh find nth but now fi sure dem focus deh pon the decoy safe"

"Fire dah security deh, him get money and a me set off yuh alarm, they'll tell you to call your alarm company after they run their check but they won't charge you because it's the alarm that went off automatically, that a if them nuu already label it as sys malfunction"

Him just a look pon mi like mi have three head or sumth.

"D fuck yuh just chat seh?"

" Mi save yuh time and energy and tell yuh who a the rat...? Whole situation is pretty straightforward in my eyes" I was having the nastiest feeling, nasty headache and I wanted to just get something to eat and something to drink. It must've presented itself on my face.

"Waah guh drink some water and tek a pill b?"

" Yh" needed it right now.

We drove off and I took off my crocs and put my feet up on the seat, one knee up and one tucked under. We decided on Island grill and let me tell you seh that jerk chicken bend mi ova and the refresha wash down the food and the advil like a g, it was ghee settings.

Now it's like after 2 and we bought extra food so definitely no cooking today which just wasn't a Sunday regular for me so I felt weird doing nothing. Ranique couldn't go over to his apartment as yet since I set the alarm off, he needed to have every smoke detector replaced, was close to 5 years anyways so not much of a big deal. But he was staying with "him woman", like a nuh fi him the whole complex.

He had a week's worth of clothes in a duffel bag in his car. He claims to have one in every car "in case he needs to disappear really fast".

"Pree fi the day muma?" he said while busy typing away on his phone.

"Sunday is kinda a stay at home day for me and its not like anything really happens on a Sunday"

"A nuh country yuh deh babes, sumth always a happen" but I wasn't in the mood to party, I'd go out, but just not the whole loud music thing.

"I don't feel like partying right now, I have midsemesters coming up anyways so probably best I just stay home and study for a while".

It just occurs to me I'm clean, like mi bathe this morning. But mi cyah recall. Digging hard into my head I remember bits and pieces of last night that I'd rather forget. But Ranique must've bathed me this morning. But I don't feel like I should, like questioning if he did anything appropriate. I know he wouldn't. I smiled at the thought and looked over at him, he was connecting his phone to Bluetooth to play music, as usual, he was about to smoke weed and drink now, how one man travel wid liquor inna dem car always is beyond me.

I decided to sit at the island with my books and he was out on the balcony, he didn't play the music loud because he knew I was studying. By a quarter to 4 I was about tired of studying and my phone rang. I picked up and it was Trece.

"Watcha, yuh wake?" She said looking at me.

"From long time, all gaah road and come back and did a study" I told her taking in her just wake appearance. " Look like a you the rum grab last night "

She started laughing but she invited me out to go on a 'Sunday evening drive out' she called it. I told her I'd text her and hung up. I walked out to the balcony where he was on his phone. I placed my hands on his shoulders and looked out at the view. He held my hand and pulled me to stand in front him then made me sit on his lap. I leaned in and soaked up his scent. I felt sleepy by just being close to him, reminding me how sleep deprived I was.

"Trece asked me if I'm coming with her on a Sunday evening drive out"

"Anything yuh seh enuh"

"Alright mi aguh bathe"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More soon.....