[011]

set me free - twice

"period pains"

   IT WAS Saturday and both Kian and I were supposed to hangout but I cancelled it. As much as it hurt my heart to cancel it, I had to.

I couldn't handle the pain my abdomen was giving me. Swallowing yet another pain killer, I chugged down some water as I clutched a pillow against my stomach and curled in bed, watching Netflix.

Just then, my phone rang. Picking it up, I greeted the person, "Hello,". It was Kian. Why?

"Open your door,"

"W-what? How-who-what-where-h-how w-wait!" I was taken aback, and surprised. How did he know where my house was. And more importantly, why was he here?

Slowly running down the stairs, I quickly opened the door to find him standing there, soaked in rain.

"Bro what the fuck? Why are you here?" I questioned him as he just walked in and took off his shoes.

He put the back of his palm against my head and furrowed his eyebrows.

"What exactly is wrong with you?" He asked, seating himself on the couch.

"I'm on my period. And it hurts," I replied, seating myself beside him.

"Oh-OH!! I am so sorry I'll be right back," He runs to the shoe stand, slips his sneakers on and dashes through the door.

I'm not surprised.

I'm honestly used to his actions by now.

I went up to get my phone and scroll through social media. After about half an hour he appeared again, soaking wet.

"Do you wanna wear my brother's clothes?" He nodded with a shy grin. I went up and came back down with an outfit that he changed into in the toilet.

I looked into what he had put down on the floor.

Three plastic bags. One with painkillers. The second one with snacks and a whole lot of chocolate. The third one with- wait that's not right... pads??

Furrowing my eyebrows and I tried to wonder why he bought pads when I already have them. Does he get periods to- no wait, he's a guy. Never mind then, more for me!

"Oh those are for you, sorry!" He comes out of the toilet and pulls his shirt down and adjusts it.

"Thank you, you didn't have to!" I thank him and place the bags on the kitchen counter.

"Well um, sorry but I have to go now. I have to drop off my younger brother at his tution," He once again puts on his sneakers and runs out that door.

Sighing and shaking my head, I took the plastic bags and went up to my room to continue my show.

▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞