[017]

hala hala - ateez

"dancing on the moon"

KIAN POV:

   THE NEXT day I knew had to go and apologise to Ri for whatever I've done.

I tried very hard to find her- I went to all the places we usually would go to, all the places she would usually be in but nothing.

I was almost about to give up when I saw her sitting on the bench of a nearby playground. Suddenly, the feelings of tiredness and exhaustion was all gone. My legs regained energy and I ran to her.

"Riona-" I called out her name. She took out her earpieces and looked around until her chocolate brown eyes met with mine.

Oh what I would do to drown in that mesmerising sea of brown in her eyes.

"Yeah?" She replied gently, her eyes on everything except me. It seemed like she was avoiding eye contact.

"Riona, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for ignoring you, please forgive me!" I pleaded to her. She seemed taken aback and her eyes widened.

"I'm very sorry for letting her cut through your words that day. I promise that'll never happen again." I continued, my eyes getting watery.

"No, it's my fault. It's not like you knew any better, I should've told you how I was feeling. A friendship goes both ways right? Communicating is very important- and I forgot about that. Forgive me," Riona looked down at her feet, fiddling with her fingers and biting on her bottom lip.

"Oh Riona, of course I forgive you," I embraced her in a tight hug. A hug that gave me butterflies and tied knots in my stomach. Touching her made me feel like I was walking on clouds.

"And I don't want our relationship status to be friends. I want more, you know?" I looked at her lovingly.

She looked up at me and her eyes widened.

"You mean?-"

"I mean that I wanna date you, and I promise to treat you well Ri. So, do you accept me?"

With no reply she grabbed my collar and dragged me down to her height and started kissing me. I kissed her back too.

When we pulled apart I asked her, "So does that mean Yes?"

"Of course it does stupid,"

And that was enough for me to feel like I was sitting on the clouds, walking on the stars and dancing on the moon.

▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞