[012]

5th season - oh my girl

faux love

   "I CAN'T tell if he actually likes me," I sipped on my drink as I sighed, my eyes looking at outside the window.

"Well you could pretend to have a boyfriend? Or better yet, be close to this other guy to make him jealous," She said, leaning back toward the seat.

"Oh my god that's a brilliant idea Ely!!" I thanked my best friend, Elysia as my eyes glimmered with hope.

I knew just the person to ask to do this with me.

>>

"Yeah sure! Hope he doesn't beat me up for it"

"Oh I'm sure he won't. I'll send you the details over text. Bye,"

"Bye"

I hung up the call and went back to doing my homework. Great, I've found a way to see if he likes me back.

Calix and I met up the next morning to discuss our plans.

"So here's what you need to do. You got it?" I slid a piece of paper over the table.

"Yup." Calix replied.

>>

The next day at school, I was eating lunch with Kian. As I bit into my sandwich, Calix walked up to us and sat right next to me.

"How y'a doing?" He asked, sliding his hand over my shoulder.

"I'm doing great. How about you?" I asked, acting all smiley around him.

"Doing way better now that I've seen your pretty face." Ugh, Calix! That's so cringe. But whatever, hopefully this works.

Up till now, Kian was quiet. Real quiet.

"Who are you," He asked, cocking his left eyebrow up.

"Oh I'm Riona's most favourite person, Calix," He put on a smug and proud look on his face.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that because I spend the most time with her. And you just suddenly showed up," Kian argued.

"Not true actually, we've both known each other since we were young but I recently had to go to another country. But now I'm back," Great thinking, Calix. The background really checks out.

"Why don't you just go away,"

"Well I was going to since your presence makes this cafeteria so disgusting," Calix walked off.

(A/N: sorry guys, i'm not the best at writing insults or roasts so don't attack me if this is cringey)

"Are you really that close to him Riona?" He makes puppy eyes at me.

"Mhm," It hurts my heart but I had to. Stupid idea, believe me I know, I don't know why I agreed to what I did but I need to keep continuing this. Does he really like me back?

▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞