Chapter 8

It was Friday and time for the barbeque. I was wearing a floral skirt and a white top. It was nearly eight and the others would come at any time. Dad had put on the grill and mom laid the table in the garden. Lily sat next to me at the pool. Suddenly the doorbell rang and I went to the door with Lily beside me. I opened and there stood the whole Pottorff family.

"Hello, welcome!" I said and greeted cheerfully.

"Thank you Jessica!" Sam´s dad said and we all went inside.

"Levi!" Lily exclaimed and immediately became much happier. Levi smiled and we started laughing.

"Hey Sam." I said and he gave me a quick hug and we went after his parents. But we didn´t get far before the doorbell rang again. It was Kian with his parents and all three smiled. Sam and I greeted them and we all went back to the garden. The adults started talking at the grill and took each a glass of wine while I sat with Kian and Sam, Levi and Lily. She sat in Kians knees and played with some toys.

"Dad embarrassed me the other day." I said and they looked at me curiously.

"He just: I heard from your grandmother that you have some interest in Kian." They both started laughing.

"Not funny!" I exclaimed.

"After we had hung up last Sunday when I was going to grandma, dad asked me out about you. He thinks that we fit well together." Kian said and grinned.

"Embarrassing parents." I mumbled.

"I like your parents!" Sam said and smiled.

"Just because your parents are not so embarrassing!"

"Dinner's ready!" Kian´s mother came to us and said. We went to the table and sat down and everyone started taking food.

"I know that my daughter will not like this, but I think we should all have a toast for Jessica and Kian!" My father said and raised his glass. Oh no. I thought and took my hand over my face, everyone laughed.

"Then toast for that it will go well for our little teenagers!" Kian´s dad said and grinned. All toasted and luckily they started talking about other things.

After a while, Levi had to sleep so I, Sam and Kian offered us to go home to Sam with him. We put Lily to bed before we went to Sam and Kian hugged her long before we went. Then she was happy. I wore Levi in my arms when we went over to Sam's house. We wanted to let the adults be alone and talk about what they wanted.

While Sam put Levi to bed, Kian and I sat in separate sofas in the living room.

"You head isn´t hurting anymore, huh?" Kian asked and grinned. I tried to look angry but broke into a smile.

"Why is your head hurting?" Sam asked and tumbled down on the couch next to Kian. Both I and Kian started laughing. Sam looked confused.

"I was trying to get Jessie to skateboard on Tuesday ..." began Kian.

"But as you know, I'm not so good at it ..." I continued.

"... It ended up that she hit her head pretty hard on the ground." Sam looked at me shocked.

"You haven´t told me that!" He said.

"Oh, it was not so bad." I said and shrugged.

"Jessie?" Kian said and wanted me to tell the truth.

"Okay, yes it hurt a lot!"

"Yikes, don´t you remember last year?" Said Sam.

"Uh yeah, of course I do. But Kian forced me, haha."