Chapter 29

"SAM" I shouted from downstairs. She was twelve and Sam and I were supposed to meet at twelve. Without a response from Sam I walked to the kitchen where his stepfather Kevin was reading a magazine.

"Is Sam still sleeping?" I asked.

"Yes, I think he does. You know he loves to sleep late." He said and laughed.

"Haha, yeah I know. Oh well, then I have to wake him up!" I said and we both laughed again. I went up the stairs and slipped gently into Sam's bedroom. As I expected, he slept deeply. I sat on the bed and picked up my phone to call his. Then I knew that he would wake up. His phone was lying on the floor beside the bed and it began to ring very loud. A picture of me and Sam taken a few weeks ago lit up the screen. He started to turn around and suddenly he jumped up next to me and was shocked.

"JESS!?" He exclaimed. I laughed and picked up his phone and turned off.

"You know we were supposed to meet ten minutes ago?" I said.

"Eh, sorry Jessie!" He said and threw himself over me, I ended up on my back with a half-naked Sam over me.

"SAM" I exclaimed, trying to sound angry, but instead began laughing. It was pretty hard to stay mad at him. He looked at me and smiled innocently.

"Forgive me Jessie. I´m buying on Starbucks later." He said.

"It's okay Sam, but ey, take a shower, you stink." I said and grinned.

"I was going to say that you do too, but you smell good. Haha, I´ll hurry." He said and we both laughed.

While he showered, I called Kian on iChat from Sam's computer which was turned on. He replied and looked surprised when he was met by me.

"Jessie?"

"Haha, hey Kian" I said and grinned.

"Are you with Sam?" He asked, smiling. He tweaked his hair quickly.

"Haha, you don´t have to fix your hair for me." I said and laughed.

"Haha. So where is Sam?"

"In the shower. So I thought I could talk to you in the meantime, if you have time." I said and smiled extra.

"I have time Jessie. Do you miss me? "He asked, smiling.

"I always miss you when you're not with me. Haha, that sounded pretty pathetic. "

"Oh, no I miss you too."

"OH I MISS YOU TOO KIAN!" I heard Sam shout behind me, I jumped because I hadn´t heard him coming out of the bathroom. All three started laughing.

"I MISS YOU WITH SAM!" Exclaimed Kian and blew kisses to Sam.

"Are you ready, Sam?" I asked him.

"Haha, no. I have to put on clothes, I´m standing in a towel as you may see." I had not noticed that he only had a towel wrapped around his waist and we started laughing.

"Sam, go and change so I can talk to my girlfriend." Kian said and grinned. Sam gave him the finger but went to the bathroom again. Kian and I talked a few minutes before Sam came back. We said goodbye to Kian and then went out.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Don´t know, maybe to the beach so we can walk past the Starbucks." He said and grinned.

"Haha, then let´s go to Starbucks. But ey, how are you Samie? We haven´t met in a while."

"I know! But everything's good, not much happens you know. How are you?"

"Yeah I know, same here, nothing big is happening. Hanging out with Kian a lot."

"Haha, I know." He said and we both laughed.

We arrived at Starbucks and as promised, Sam paid for me and we went and to sit little further away in a park. Sam and I had always gone there when we wanted to talk to each other, it was quiet and not crowded, therefore a perfect place. We sat down in the soft green grass and felt the sun's rays warm the body.

"So Jessie, now we're all alone." Sam said.

"Long time no see! So Samie, how is it going with the love?" I asked, smiling.

"Haha, love. Well…I love you." He said and smiled innocently.

"I love you too Sam. But you are my brother, kind of." He laughed.

"No, but I don´t have a special girl right now."

"You'll find someone soon. Just look at you!" I said and smiled.

"Haha, what?"

"Yeah, Sam you know you look good. And then you are one the person who is always there if you want to talk, you always come with such great advice!" I said. Suddenly he threw himself over me and hugged me.

"JESSIE I LOVE YOU TOO!" We both laughed so much that we got stomach ache.

"Besties forever!" I said and hugged him.

After spending the whole day with Sam, I came home and sat down on the couch. Mum, dad and Lily had once again gone to grandma so I was home alone. Jc would come over in a little while to see a movie or something chill. I showered quickly and pulled on a simple blue dress. Just when I was ready, the doorbell rang and I went down to open. He was wearing a pair of denim shorts and a blue hoodie and looked very happy.

"Hey Jess! You smell great!" He said and gave me a hug.

"Hi Jc! Haha, thanks, you too!" We sat on the couch in the living room and started talking while I put on a movie.

"What have you done today?" He asked.

"Hung with Sam before, you?"

"Not much I went around a bit before. I couldn´t wait to see you!" He said and grinned.

"Yeah it's been a while since we hang out alone! I miss that, we should hang out more often!" I said.

"Then I think we should have another party soon!" He exclaimed. I nodded in agreement and we talked and planned about when we could have it.

He stayed for a few hours and we watched just a few minutes of the movie and sat and talked about everything else instead. When it was about eleven, he was going home and we went out to the hall to say goodbye.

"Jess, I have to say one thing." He began to say and sounded serious. I got nervous.

"Okay ..."

"I think I have feelings for you, more than friend feelings." He said, staring at me. I was completely paralyzed and couldn´t move. I was shocked and stared back at him.