Chapter 42

It was cold and the sun was setting early.

Liang Chuan carried a basket on his back, and returned to the village from the south before the sun went down.

Today, he went to a carpenter's shop seven miles away to see some furniture styles.

Originally, I planned to bring Chen Xiaoyao there together, after all, the house I will live in in the future depends on what Chen Xiaoyao likes.

If he lives alone, he won't pay attention to these things.

But these days, Chen Xiaoyao always pouted when facing him, and refused to say anything to him. Apart from being able to sneak around while Liang Chuan was asleep, Liang Chuan touched several soft nails during the day.

No way, I had to go by myself.

The carpenter's shop in this village was opened by an old carpenter for decades, and it is somewhat famous in this area. But in terms of style, it is definitely not as good-looking as those fashionable ones in Fucheng.

However, Liang Chuan didn't intend to really book here, he just took a look and asked about the market price.

If you change someone else, if you don't buy it and just look at it, the old carpenter will suspect that the person is learning the craft secretly, he won't have a good face, and he will definitely drive him out.

But this old carpenter has an only son, and he also went to Zhoucheng to see off his relatives last time. After he came back, he told his father about the bandits with lingering fears, so this old carpenter had some impressions of Liang Chuan.

Liang Chuan stayed in the carpenter's shop for a long time. Apart from being taught a few simple mortise and tenon joints, he also brought back a small gadget.

He took the thing in his hand and looked at it several times, then he put it in his arms and walked all the way to the south.

This is planning to go to Chen's house to have a look before going home.

Passing by a low fence, Liang Chuan paused.

Next to the wall were two small figures swaying, one of them looked familiar.

Judging by the well-dressed outfit and aggressive appearance, it is Liang Tian.

Liang Chuan stood there and watched for a while.

With such a small distance, the voices of the two talking also floated over, one high and one low.

Liang Tian called the shorter boy Xiao Mo.

He pulled the little boy, Xiao Mo long, Xiao Mo short, and stammered a bunch of unknown things, about to get to the point, the two of them suddenly noticed a figure not far away.

Liang Chuansheng was tall and tall, so he couldn't ignore it easily.

The two looked over at the same time and froze.

Liang Tian is fine, but the other half-children in the village who are as big as this are all afraid of Liang Chuan.

Both of them let go.

The boy named Xiao Mo ran away, leaving Liang Tian alone scratching his head.

After a while, he walked towards Liang Chuan with shameful eyebrows.

Liang Chuan didn't say anything, he glanced at him, and continued walking forward.

"Brother!" Liang Tian jumped anxiously, quickly grabbed Liang Chuan's arm, and pulled him aside, "You have to keep it a secret from me, don't tell your parents." "Yes." Liang Chuan responded

.

He was too lazy to care about Liang Tian.

It's just that he just stood there watching, at first he still thought that Liang Tian was bullying him. After all, Liang Tian was tall and strong, and he was not easy to mess with. In the village, the older boys all listened to him.

After a while, I realized I was wrong.

Think about it too. Liang Chuan will be fourteen in the coming spring, which is indeed not young.

But when Liang Chuan was his age, he didn't know anything. On weekdays, apart from working and hunting, when I have free time, I don't think about women or boys, and I seldom even talk to my peers.

I met Chen Xiaoyao until I was eighteen.

Suddenly, Liang Chuan thought of something and thought of something.

According to what Jiang Zhan said, people like them, called "Tianyuan", usually grow up at the age of twelve or eighteen.

Now Liang Tian is also fourteen, and he is a half-brother with himself——

Liang Chuan looked Liang Tian up and down several times.

His brother had never looked at him with this kind of eyes before, and Liang Tian was a little scared.

After a while, Liang Chuan turned his gaze back.

It doesn't seem to have that smell.

Liang Tian finally heaved a sigh of relief, his eyes rolled around, and suddenly he saw something, and reached out to reach for it, "Brother, what is this!" The one

held in his brother's arms looked like a toy, "Here Mine?!"

Liang Chuan looked down, raised his hand, didn't let him get it, and then threw it back into the back basket, "No."

Liang Tian only had time to see a silhouette, and seeing that it was a wooden toy, he couldn't help but flinch. pouted.

How old is his brother, why is he still playing this kind of thing?

This is something that only children like.

"Just kidding, I'll go first." Liang Chuan said to him.

After speaking, continue to go south.

Liang Tian made a few faces at him on the spot, poked his head to see if his brother didn't look back, and ran away in another direction.

Liang Chuan was thinking about things while walking.

These days, apart from trying to have a word with Chen Xiaoyao, he was just thinking about one thing the rest of the time.

Although I had some guesses in my heart, but I was suddenly told that I was not an ordinary person, and my daughter-in-law was not an ordinary person, but "another type" of people. If I am not surprised, it must be a lie.

It's just that in the first few days, I used all my energy to take care of Chen Xiaoyao, afraid that his high fever would recur, and I was afraid that it would always be bad to bite him on the neck. Now that the tone is relaxed, I have time to think about it carefully.

As he was walking, he suddenly saw a figure in front of him. It's Chen Xiaoyao.

Chen Xiaoyao was holding a wooden basin with clothes to dry in it, but she walked slowly, as if she had lost her soul, she took two steps, and then stopped to touch her belly.

Liang Chuan raised his legs and walked towards him, "Xiaoyao?"

Chen Xiaoyao opened her eyes wide and looked over, seeing that it was Liang Chuan, she was about to run away.

As soon as Liang Chuan stretched out his arm, he grabbed him, "Don't run so fast."

Chen Xiaoyao was grabbed by him, but she didn't move any more. The little head was still lowered, and it was still only for Liang Chuan to watch.

Liang Chuan reached out to take the wooden basin from his arms, and took a look inside, "It's all dried?"

Chen Xiaoyao glanced at him, "Master Wen's house dried it."

Liang Chuan nodded and didn't say much.

He led Chen Xiaoyao to Chen's house.

Now, it is quite generous for the two of them to walk hand in hand on the dirt road in the village, and the villagers are no longer as strange as they used to be. And follow to learn.

Like Wang Shitou, since he came back from Zhoucheng last time, he probably learned something while sleeping in the carriage with Liang Chuan and Chen Xiaoyao, and he also became clingy to his wife.

But his mother-in-law generally doesn't pay attention to him.

It didn't take long to arrive in front of the Chen family's house. From a distance, one could see that half of the house had been demolished, and the air leaked like a big hole.

When people in the village build a house, they either build another piece of land, that is, the foundation must be laid first; or, they demolish the original house and build a new one, like this, the first thing is to demolish it.

Demolishing a house is not an easy job. It takes a lot of energy just to knock and chisel, not to mention dragging away the demolished stones and soil.

If it's an ordinary family, then you must hire a helper. Building a house is considered a happy event, and it is not difficult to invite people. If you give some money, there are many young men who are willing to help.

Liang Chuan didn't spend the money.

It takes effort to go left and right, but what Liang Chuan lacks most is strength. He borrowed a few long pickaxes from Zheng Majiang, and he planned to do it himself.

Ma Youcai from the Ma's house next door almost dropped his jaw when he saw Liang Chuan in the lane. He held the tea mug and looked at it for a while.

Later, when the news got out, Wang Shitou, Wang Zhuzi and a few other guys who were a little more familiar also came to help without invitation.

Not to mention, everyone helped to work for two days, and together they did not have as many people as Liang Chuan alone, and each of them was as tired as a dead pig. Only then did he feel that Liang Chuan wanted to do it alone, so he wasn't talking nonsense.

Brother Chuan is really stronger than the cows in that field.

They are all from the same village, and I don't know what Liang Chuan eats.

As soon as the two arrived in front of the house, Chen Xiaoyao let go of Liang Chuan's hand and ran to the back room where he and grandma used to sleep.

When he came back, he would go into the kang and sit for a while, then open the cabinet, and take a closer look at the few things inside that he didn't take away.

Liang Chuan first found a place where the ashes would not fall, put the basin down, and followed him in.

Chen Xiaoyao sat on the kang with her back to Liang Chuan.

Liang Chuan followed him and sat up. After a while, Chen Xiaoyao still ignored him.

Liang Chuan thought for a while, took out the things he had just taken out of the back basket from his arms, and touched Chen Xiaoyao.

Chen Xiaoyao felt something cold rubbing against her arm once, then again.

He thought it was Liang Chuan who was poking him, and without looking back, he stretched out his hand to pat back, and happened to touch a polished and smooth object.

Chen Xiaoyao blinked.

This touch is strange. He was a little curious, and wanted to turn around to look, but remembered that he was still angry with Liang Chuan before, although he was no longer angry now, but he hadn't figured out how to reconcile, so he tried his best to hold back.

A deep voice sounded beside his ears, "Xiaoyao, turn around."

Chen Xiaoyao shook his head.

"Take a look." Liang Chuan coaxed him, "I'll show you something."

Liang Chuan had never said such a thing before.

Sounds like something really good.

Chen Xiaoyao was already a little shaken, but she still endured it.

"If you don't read it," Liang Chuan paused.

Chen Xiaoyao pricked up her ears.

"Don't regret it." Liang Chuan said again.

Chen Xiaoyao couldn't bear it anymore, turned around, and saw the object in Liang Chuan's palm at first sight.

It's a wooden doll.

A lifelike, wooden bunny figure.

Chen Xiaoyao widened her eyes in surprise.

Surprisingly, not only is every inch of this woodcarving detailed, it looks like those expensive toys in Fucheng that are worth countless sugar figurines, but also because... the face of this rabbit doll, how does it look

? Does it look like it was carved according to Xiao Yao's face?

Chen Xiaoyao took the doll and hugged it, opening and closing her mouth several times, "This...is this Xiaoyao ?

"

I watched for a while.

He also touched his ears.

Don't bully Xiaoyao for being stupid, no one has two rabbit ears on his head!

He originally wanted to throw the doll back to Liang Chuan, but after thinking about it, he was reluctant, hugged him in his arms, and raised his eyes to stare at him, "This is not Xiaoyao, this is Xiaobai!"

Liang Chuan raised his lips, "That's Xiaobai White."

He learned a few tricks from the carpenter, and originally wanted to try it casually, cut a rabbit and brought it back to coax Chen Xiaoyao, but probably his mind was full of Chen Xiaoyao, as soon as the rabbit's ears came out, he went back and went back. It was cut off.

In eight lifetimes, I have never done anything like racking my brains to coax people. The first time, it was not so smooth.

Chen Xiaoyao sat on the kang, holding the little Yao doll with a rabbit head, looked left and right for a long time, and finally couldn't help laughing "puchi".

He thought that Liang Chuan was like this almost a year ago.

Carrying a basket on his back, he brought a rabbit to Chen's house and asked Xiao Yao if he wanted to eat meat with him from now on.

Xiao Yao really followed Liang Chuan and ate meat for almost a year.

Xiaoyao can be coaxed away by the rabbit every time.

Chen Xiaoyao laughed to herself for a long time, sat up, hugged the doll, and threw herself on Liang Chuan's back.

Liang Chuan hugged him.

"Liang Chuan."

Liang Chuan heard Chen Xiaoyao calling him in his ear. The boy's voice was soft and soft, like a piece of caramel on the tip of his tongue.

"Today, Mrs. Wen said a lot to me."

Liang Chuan hummed.

Chen Xiaoyao pinched the puppet's ears, buried her face in Liang Chuan's neck, and said in a low voice: "...the master said, you bite Xiaoyao, not to be mean to Xiaoyao, but to want Xiaoyao to get pregnant soon. It...isn't it?"

Wen Cen actually told Chen Xiaoyao a lot.

Like Liang Chuan, he didn't treat Chen Xiaoyao as out of his wits, but treated him as an ordinary person and told him those things.

But Chen Xiaoyao heard a lot, and in the end, she only remembered one thing.

Those nights, Liang Chuan didn't gnaw on himself on purpose, teaching himself to hurt.

It is to treat his illness. The sooner he is cured, the sooner Xiaoyao will have a baby in his stomach.

Also, in the future, if Xiaoyao gets hot again, give Liang Chuan a bite, or give him... a poke, that's fine.

Just like before.

Liang Chuan pinched the back of his hand and was about to speak, but Chen Xiaoyao opened his mouth again.

"But... if you bite again next time, you have to be gentle." There was still some grievance in his voice, "Xiao Yao is afraid of pain."