Conflict

The meeting at FT went well. This agency has been one that I have wanted to work with ever since I decided to become an idol. The problem had been that they don't promote solo artists, and I have never been interested in becoming part of a boy band. They are also an agency that is known to not want to be involved in scandals of any form. Idols that get scouted into the agency follow strict rules without rebellion.

They said I needed to start practicing and getting my face out there. I will be opening for a very famous artist in about 6 months. They did not tell me who that was. I don't care, though, because I will be on the stage finally getting one step closer to my dream of becoming an international singer and songwriter.

I am not gonna lie to my self, all this excitement brings with it pain. It has been almost a whole day of me trying to get a hold of Yibo to no avail. Soon, I will get so busy with fulfilling my schedule that I won't have time to see him. My calls are still not going through to him, I tried his brother, and he is also not picking up.

We have had our fights before, and this would be the first time he has not come running after me. It actually does not make sense that he let me go just like that.

Now that I think about it, he has never let any of our fights last for even an hour. He would be asking for forgiveness or blowing up my phone until I pick up the phone.

Was I too harsh with my words? I am still angry with him about what he did because all of this does not make sense. I have been wrecking my brain trying to figure out why he did what he did. The agency he signed with is so small, and their artists don't really go very far and end up pursuing other things like acting or managing other artists.

For me, it presented a once in a life time opportunity to break into the industry. In the 6 years that I have been a trainee, I have never been approached by even a single agency. When I got the offer from Reaching High (RH), I was so excited. I did not even care that they were a smaller company. As long as my dreams felt attainable, i did not care who i signed with. Yibo, on the other hand, has turned down numerous agencies. He always said he is waiting for me so we can share the stage together.

That is why all this does not make sense. Why did he do this?

When I turned 18 years old, I left my hometown to pursue my dreams of becoming an idol. I knew my adopted family did not have money to send me to university. I also did not feel right about burdening them with the fees since they already have 2 kids of their own. They are very kind to me and have never made me feel like I am not theirs. The only thing I don't like is that every time I look into their eyes, I can see the pity they have for me. So it makes it hard to know if it's love they have for me or they just feel sorry for me because I lost both my parents at a young age. Whatever the reason is, I am truly grateful for them. They really have kept the promise they made to my parents. That's around the same time I met Yibo.

I remember the day I met Yibo like it was yesterday. I came to the mass auditions that are held in Beijing once a year for all those who want to take a shot at going into the entertainment industry. I woke up at 4 a.m., and i thought surely I would be one of the first ones there. I clearly underestimated how many people dream of being idol. The line was already super long by the time I got there. I found out some people slept there the previous night

There was a boy in front of me who had earphones on and looked like he was in his own world. He couldn't he bothered by what was going on around him. He also looked like he was not interested in making friends because even though people around him were making small conversations, he just kept dancing to the beat or song he was listening to.

The line was moving very slowly, and I was starting to feel hungry. I did not plan to be there for more than a couple of hours, so I did not pack food, and the money I had was enough to pay for my fare back home. I was trying to ignore my hunger, but unfortunately, my stomach was not in agreement. It started growling so loud that I knew that there was no way people around me did not hear it.