On the run!

I stood in the study, motionless. I was wrecking my brain trying to think who could possibly be working with Jason.

I didn't even hear Zhan call me.

"Yibo...Yibo...Wang Yibo!"

I finally snapped out of it.

"What's wrong with you these days. You seem to get lost in thought a lot lately. What is going on?"

"I was just thinking about work, sorry. What did you need?"

"I wanted you to come join me for breakfast and leave your work stress at work. This is getting out of hand now. I am scared you will crash your car going to work because your brain just freezes like this."

"No, it's OK. I am fine. It's just because of all the deadlines that are coming up."

I did not want to talk to Zhan about the call. He has been so happy with all the drama finally settling down. He is finally sleeping well and eating well. He doesn't leave the house anyway, so I know the risk of anything happening to him is very low.

"Deadlines or not, from now on, Yuchen will be your driver. It will give me peace of mind. And there is no saying no."

"What about you?"

"I have Yu Bin."

The image of Yu Bin from last night came back to my mind and made me laugh. If only Zhan knew how tired Yu Bin is, but I can not come between friends.

"OK, talk to Yu Bin about your new plan, and I will talk to Chen."

"OK, no problem. I am hungry. Let's go eat already."

I followed Zhan out of the study to the kitchen, Carman was there putting the finishing touches on the food. As soon as she saw me, she quickly ran out.

Zhan saw it too and started laughing.

"I think Ms Carman over there might have a crush on you. She acts like a teenager in love every time you bump into her."

He continued laughing.

"How is that funny to you? Shouldn't you be a bit possessive of your fiancé? I would be upset if that happened with you."

"I am possessive of you, but I also know where I stand with you. Also, I only fight my competition, not young girls like her who wouldn't stand a chance to begin with. Let her enjoy her crush. She spends all day serving her crush's lover. Don't you think she is suffering enough?"

He flinched from his chair and formed a frown.

"What's wrong love, are you in pain? Is everything ok?"

"Your babies agree with me. They just decided to use my ribs to communicate. These two play kicking competitions in here to see who can cause me the most pain and discomfort. To be honest, I now fully get what Xiaowei was saying about enjoying some parts of her pregnancy and hating some."

"I am sorry, love, only 3 more months, and they will be out here where I can help you take cake of them."

"And trust me, help is what you shall do. My main thing is that staying all day every day at the house is really starting to get to me. The other day, I was thinking maybe I could get one of the makeup artists from my team to come here and transform me into a woman. Then I can be out with my belly, and no one will be the wiser. What do you think, genius idea, right?"

"I don't know, Zhan. we can always just order everything you need and get it delivered here. I don't know about you leaving the house it's not safe."

"When did it become unsafe all of sudden. I feel like the reason I have for staying home is very different from the reason you don't want me to leave the house. I am protecting the twins from reporters. You sound like I will get killed if I leave the house. What really is going on here?"