No where to hide

Yu Bin has been pacing up and down like a zombie for 2 days. And because he refused medical attention for his bang-up face, he really looks like a zombie.

He blames himself for the kidnapping, I blame myself for making the stupid plan. So because of that, we have not been talking much.

The weight of guilt is too much for both of us,but we need to snap out of it and work together to find Zhan.

I have been rewatching the surveillance footage over and over just to see if I missed something.

"Mr Wang we have checked all the hotels around here and those close to the hospital, and we have found nothing."

Chen came in with a report.

"So he is not staying close to my house or hospital. Where could he be? I still think he will stay close to where he will have access to medical supplies. So, which hospitals does Dr Yu have access to, ones she can go in and out of without raising eye brows?"

At least, this question got Yu Bin thinking about something else rather than what he should have done on that day.

"Actually, I think I might know the areas we need to be searching in. My sister has a small clinic about 45 min outside of Beijing. She opens it only on weekends to serve the farmers there. It's is convenient because it has a live-in facility as well. I think if Jason wanted to be off our radar, he would go there. It's close enough to major routes to be able to make a run for it if he needs to but hidden away from preying eyes."

"It wouldn't hurt to search there. We have been drawing blanks for 2 days. But I think if they are there, we need to be careful not to spook Jason. So, how do we confirm what you said without being noticed or seen?"

I asked the 2 guys to help me think because I don't want to make any more mistakes.

"No one lives there, so if we see light at night, then we know that there are people there. That place gets very dark at night, so there is no way they can function without lights."

"Sounds good. Let's leave now. We will find a place to hide when we are on that side. So Yu Bin, what is your specialty when it comes to firearms?"

I had to ask because I couldn't get the "aim between the eyes" comment from Zhan out of my head.

"Long distance sniper, if I can see it, I can shoot it."

He said, picking up his bag, ready to leave.

"OK then, if you see him, don't wait for my instructions."

"Already ready, Mr Wang."

We all left, and I was sure to take everyone with me because I did not know how many people he had.

If he wants to play, I am ready, and I am not losing again.

We decided to drive straight to the clinic. We found a farmer and convinced him to go scout the area. He loves Dr Yu, and as soon as he heard what happened to her, he was willing to help. We parked at the end end of the road and let the farmer walk on towards the gate. It is a Saturday, so it won't raise suspension.

Everyone was so anxious about what the farmer would say when he got back. We were not ready for another disappointment.

"Sir, I couldn't get anyone to come to the gate, but I did see 2 gentlemen with black suits behind the building. I don't think I have seen them before in this area, I hope that is helpful."

I was ready to get off the car and run in, but Yuchen saw my intentions and shook his head no.

We thanked the farmer, and he refused the money we were willing to offer him, saying that's the least he could do for Dr Yu.