Part 6 - His Fangs

The room became silent. Lillia opened her eyes slowly and took a deep breath to calm her anxiety. Have they given up?

"Hey, we should check that area over there. I bet that's where she's hiding" said one of the upperclassmen.   

She bit her tongue, to stop her from making any noise as the footsteps slowly neared itself to where she and Shuu were. Suddenly, Shuu wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her up, so that her nose was touching his. Bewildered, she held her breath as she waited for his next action. She could feel her heart thumping fast in anticipation and fear as she looked into Shuu's blue eyes. "Come out, come out wherever you are! You can't hide forever, little lamb!" taunted one of the upperclassmen, and his other two friends snickered. She felt a whimper lodging up her throat as the footsteps get nearer, but she swallowed it back, sweat rolling down from her forehead. Shuu kicked the chair that was nearby lightly and the footsteps stopped once again.   

"Hey...isn't that shoe familiar? It looks like it belongs to one of the Sakamaki siblings" said a voice, a bit high-pitched than the rest.   

"Dude, how can you even recognise someone's shoes like that? What are you, a girl?" scolded his friend, in which Lillia could presume as the one who called her a little lamb. She felt herself shudder at the thought.   "

The Sakamaki siblings wear a bit differently than us! Of course I could recognise it! It's like their symbol or something" said the high-pitched voice.   

"It is" a deep voice spoke up, and Lillia shivered at this. It was the upperclassman who grabbed her wrist earlier. She bit her lip as she awaited for any sort of action from the upperclassmen, or from Shuu. She looked up at him once again, and she saw him already closing his eyes, a faint smile splayed on his lips. I am feeling like my lifespan is decreasing as seconds tick by and he's enjoying this? she thought in pure anger. As she thought of this, the upperclassmen were having a discussion of their own.   

"I think it's better we leave him alone. I don't want to mess with the Sakamaki siblings" said the high-pitched voice. Even in her angry state, she could tell that this upperclassman was the rational one.  

"We almost got her! I bet he wouldn't mind if we search about around him!" said the taunting upperclassman. Lillia panicked at this statement. It may or may not be true, but she bet any penny that Shuu might let them have their way with her.   

"Shut up. Let's leave. I don't want to mess with the Sakamaki family, especially the eldest son" said the upperclassman with the deep voice, which by now Lillia could presume as the leader of the three.   

"O-Of course! This is the music room! So the one in here is..." said the rational upperclassman, but was cut off by the leader, "Not too loud, you idiot. He's sleeping. Let's just leave".   

Lillia heard the shuffling of feet moving away from them and the sound of the door opening. It was when the door closed that she started breathing normally. She was still on top of Shuu until she heard him speak for the first time since their last exchange, "How long are you planning to stay on top of me? You're heavy and your nails are hurting me". She gasped at the proximity of his voice and realised that her nails were digging on his skin, possibly due to the suspense made by the upperclassmen earlier. She murmured an apology and hastily tried to sit up. Shuu's arm was still wrapped around her waist, and when she tried to move, he tightened his grip on her waist, pulling her down so that their noses touch once again. Lillia felt her face getting warm as she found herself staring into his blue eyes once again.   

"Shuu-san...your arms are still wrapped around my waist" she said, looking away now.   "So?" he asked with a bored tone.   

"I...I want you to let me go. You said I was heavy. Please" she pleaded, looking into his eyes once again, forgetting her shyness for a moment.