Part 8 - Exchange

"Let go of me. Please" 

"No way" Ayato replied, staring into her eyes. 

"Why? You weren't that interested in me before!" she said helplessly as she struggled to be freed from his grasp. Ayato chuckled lightly at this. 

"You sure are right. I thought you were nothing but a boring, human girl when you first arrived in this mansion with that man. But after becoming Shuu's property, maybe you do have something in you. And when I saw you just in that flimsy towel of yours..." he trailed and licked his lips. "To think that I, the number one vampire around here, did not realise such a siren like you in my radar is just..." he paused, possibly thinking of his words. "No. I am number one, why should I admit my mistake? It was your fault for hiding that appearance of yours" he said finally, a satisfied glint in his green eyes. 

Even in that situation, Lillia couldn't help but roll her eyes at his statement. This man is just so full of himself, she thought as she struggled yet again. Ayato clicked his tongue in irritation and tightened his grip on her, making her yelp in pain. He chuckled, amused by the sound that she had made. "What a great face you got there. Makes me want to inflict more pain on you" he said as he tightened his grip on her more and she whimpered at this. Ayato stopped moving and stared at her. "What a boring sound. You should moan or feel pleased that I am giving such attention to a boring woman like you" Ayato said and she looked at him with a look of distaste. 

"What do you want from me?" she said, her voice shaking with anger. She had felt pain earlier, but the pain had converted into rage. Why must she suffer like this? It was already peaceful as it was before! She wanted to be left alone and she's grown tired of these vampires. 

"Ho...what great spirit you got there. You seriously don't know your place, huh? It was like that before, too" he said, chuckling. 

"What do you mean, 'before'?" she asked blankly and Ayato gave her an incredulous look. 

"Huh. Rejoice by the fact that I am taking the trouble to explain this to you. You tried to fought me back that night" he said, leaning down and spoke to her ear as he said that last word. Lillia shivered as she felt his warm breath on her earlobe. "And that means you don't know your place. And thus, you must be punished" he whispered. Lillia felt goosebumps creeping up her neck as she heard the word 'punished'. What does he have in mind? 

Apparently, her thoughts were shown on her face, because Ayato chuckled as he drew back to look at her. "So you don't know what type of punishment I was referring to?". 

Lillia tried to stop herself from shaking her head; she felt that if she did, it would only delight him more. Her instincts were right, since Ayato grabbed her chin so that she could face him. When she finally looked at his face, he looked like a little boy who wasn't able to get the toy he had wanted; his eyes narrowed at her and scowled. She did not act like what he had expected, of course he was angry. He chuckled darkly and let out a slow smile. "You really don't know your place. Might as well give you the punishment you deserve" he said in a low voice and proceeded to unbutton her blouse. 

"Wait! What are you doing?" she exclaimed and he paused at the second button. "What do you mean, 'what am I doing'? I'm going to bite your neck" he said in a matter-of-fact tone. 

"What? Why?" she asked frantically. Ayato sighed as she said this and drew back again to look into her eyes. He let out a knowing smile as she waited for his answer. "Shuu...he hasn't laid a finger on you yet, right?" he asked with a smirk. 

His words made her gasp in shock. She was suddenly reminded by how close he was to bite her and shuddered. "How can you be so sure?" she said, avoiding his gaze.