Part 14 - Voices

Shuu stumbled back, a look of surprise on his face. "What are you saying?" he asked her, sounding puzzled and shocked. Of course he would be puzzled and shocked, the woman that had tried to escape from his clutches before was giving herself to him, begging for him to 'take her'. Realising what she had done, Lillia took a step back herself too and covered her mouth with her hand. Even she could not believe what she had done. She swallowed once. Twice. 

"I-I..." she stuttered, unable to form a sentence, her mind empty. 

"Ignore what I had just said!" she blurted out. It did not sound quite dumb in her head, but it did.

 "I-I mean. I have no idea what just happened, so forget it!" she babbled, feeling her cheeks warming. 

She turned to run away, but felt her wrist getting grabbed from behind. Before she knew it, she was already in Shuu's arms. They stayed that way for a minute, Shuu's breath tickling the hair at the top of her head, while she caught a whiff of his scent. He smelled faintly of male perfume, shampoo and....

"Pervert". She looked up and met his gaze. His blue eyes seemed to look right through at her, but she did not look away. He cocked his head to one side when she remained silent. 

"No response? So you do admit that you're a pervert?" Shuu said. She was about to speak up when he cut her off. 

"Of course, you're a pervert. You just told me that you want me to 'take you'" Shuu smirked and Lillia felt her face burning up. She tried to shake him off, but he didn't budge. 

"If I am a pervert, why are you still holding on to me?" Lillia changed tact and smirked. Even though she was taunting him, she could feel her heart beating fast and was hoping that he could not pick it up from her wrist. 

Shuu's eyes widened for a moment and his lips parted slightly. She did not understand why, but this exact gesture made her heart beat faster than before. It took her a few seconds to realise that he had made that exact gesture because he was contemplating on the answer to her question. She looked away, mildly embarrassed by how conscious she was of his presence. "No idea" he said simply.

She looked at him, her jaw agape. No reason? There was no reason for him to hold on to me? she thought in bewilderment and shook her head in disbelief. 

"Then, may I ask you to let go of me?" she asked in defeat. The reason why she had taunted him before was so that she could avoid from making a request for him to let go of her. She had been requesting for someone to let go of her often lately. She was getting fed-up with this, but she knew that the reason was due to the fact that she had always let her guard down. But how about now? She just asked him to 'take her'. She felt like someone had possessed her and said those exact words. She would never say such a thing. Especially to this man. 

"Oi. Are you even listening?" the proximity of his voice snapped her out of her thoughts and reminded her that she was still in his arms. 

"I am beginning to question your lack of consciousness when faced with such situation. You do realise that I am able to bite your neck easily in this position, right?" Shuu lowered his voice when he said the word 'neck'. He brushed a part of her hair that was hiding her neck and caressed it with one finger. Lillia felt a shiver travelling down her spine at the mere touch of his finger. 

Shuu chuckled lightly, an amused glint in his eyes. "Oh? You seem to be enjoying this. Should I tease you a little?" Shuu arched his eyebrows and Lillia stiffened in alarm. She did not quite like the sound of his tone when he said those words and was about to pry away from him when he leaned in on her neck. He placed his hand at the back of her head and pulled - in a rough manner - the back of her hair, so that her neck was in full view of his eyes. Or rather, his lips. He brushed his lips on her neck and another shiver travelled down her spine yet again.