Chapter 1: Amber

"I was normal before," I said to myself. "Why can't I still be normal? Why did this have to happen?"

It was almost a year ago when it happened. It was my birthday. I was turning twelve years old. I was normal. I was at my birthday party. My mom, a Sylveon, and my dad, an Umbreon, had gotten me the best birthday present ever! It was a water stone, a thunderstone, and a fire stone, all in a sealed container.
They told me that when I was 16 I could choose which one to evolve to. I was so happy! They told me that the reason they gave me the present when I was 12 was so that I would have time to think about which one to choose.

I could be a graceful Vaporeon, a fast Jolteon, or a powerful Flareon. They also told me that I could wait until I had my own trainer so that I could evolve to a Leafeon, Glaceon, Umbreon, Espeon, or Sylveon.

Finally, the clock struck 7:43, the time I was born. Suddenly, all of the lights in the house shut off. The human who lived in the house had to go turn the lights back on, so I waited for what seemed like hours.

The second the lights turned back on, everyone was staring at me. They had a look of sheer terror on their faces. I looked around the room, but everything was normal. Until I saw a mirror.

My fur was as red as blood. My eyes were yellow like Autumn leaves. I screamed so loudly that half of the city might have heard it. I heard a door open. It was the human who lived in the house.

As soon as he saw me he screamed. He opened the door and chased me out with a broom. It was so cold outside. It was snowing too. I waited at the door for the human, but he never came. So I left.