Chapter 11: Striaton City Gym

(Jade's point of view)

As we entered the gym we were greeted by an old man with sunglasses. "Hello," he said. "Are you here to dine or to battle?" "Battle," I replied. "Which pokemon did you receive from Professor Juniper?" he asked. "Oshawott," I replied. The man led us to a spot at the back of the gym/restaurant. There were three people standing at the back of the room. One had green hair, one had blue hair, and the last had red hair. I knew from my research that these were the gym leaders. "You have a challenger," the man said to them. "Cilan, its your turn."

"Challenge accepted," Cilan said. "Go, Lillipup!" He sent out a pokemon with brown fur. I sent out Ayse.

"Lillipup, use bite!" Cilan commanded. "Dodge and use fake out!" I countered. Ayse jumped out of the way when Lillipup got close, then turned around and hit both sides of its head. While the pokemon was dazed, Ayse used pound to deal some more damage. The Lillipup struggled to stay on its feet.

"Finish it off with double slap!" I said. Within seconds Lillipup was defeated. Cilan returned Lillipup to its pokeball and sent out his other pokemon, Pansage. I returned Ayse to her pokeball and sent out Elise.

"Elise, use incinerate!" I said. "Dodge and use fury swipes!" Cilan ordered.

Elise breathed fire in her opponent's direction, but Pansage dodged quickly and ran towards Elise with glowing claws. I didn't order a dodge. Elise already knew what to do. She stopped breathing fire, but I could see little embers lighting around her teeth. As soon as Pansage was in range, Elise bit his arm with fire surrounding her teeth. Pansage turned a reddish color. I smirked.

"Use incinerate!" I said. Elise breathed fire on her weakened opponent. When the smoke cleared, Pansage was unconscious. "Pansage is unable to battle," the referee announced. "The winner is Jade!" Cilan walked over to me, holding a red, blue and green gym badge. "Good job," he said. "Here's the Trio badge. You deserve it." "Thanks!" I said.

"You should go see the dreamyard," Cilan said. "It's a great place to train, and someone got rid of the tree that was blocking the northwest section. There are some rare pokemon that live there." "Okay," I responded. "Bye, and thanks for the battle!"

We then left the building and headed for the dreamyard.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Chapter 11 complete!!!! BYEEE!!!!