Chapter 2: Meeting Jade

For almost a year I had to look through trashcans and dumpsters to find scraps of food. I hid in empty cardboard boxes when it rained or snowed. Whenever a human saw me, they ran away screaming. When a pokemon saw me, they were frozen with fear.

One day, I was looking through a dumpster behind one of the city's diners. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw a human girl staring at me. She didn't look frightened.

She slowly walked towards me, probably trying not to scare me. She reached into a paper bag and got out a hamburger. My mouth watered at the sight of food that wasn't rotten.

Carefully, she took a piece and handed it to me. I cautiously stepped toward her and ate the food. It had been so long since I had real food. The human started petting my fur. "Hi," she said. "My name is Jade."

I smiled at her, happy that she wasn't afraid of me. She gave me more food, then gently picked me up and carried me away from the alley. I would have been scared, but I had a gut feeling that I should trust her. I closed my eyes and fell asleep with a smile on my face.

------------

That's chapter 2! Hope you liked it. I'll post the next chapter soon. I used pokemon y to show what Jade looks like.