Chapter 11.

Hey guys!

I hope all of  you are doing great today.

Here is the weekly update but I have a request to make, instead of judging the characters on the basis of right and wrong please to try judge them on the basis of their emotions.

As the story is going to be morally grey so prepare yourself for that from the very beginning.

Enjoy the story and please share your thoughts via comments and do not forget to vote.

*********

He cleared his throat loudly, brushed his hair with his fingers and pushed them back. He fixed the blazer of his bottle green custom-made suit paired with a black high neck underneath. The colour of his attire made his light brown eyes stand out prominently.

Once satisfied with the way he looked, he finally rang the doorbell and heard the faint footsteps immediately. The door opened within a few seconds as a smiling Easton greeted them and invited the rich man inside along with the male he had brought with him.

Alastair had passed a small smile to Easton while exchanging the greetings and stepped inside the humble abode. The house was small but he could feel the liveliness in the surrounding, something that his big beautiful mansion lacked.

As he was led inside, towards the living room he looked at the pictures that decorated the walls of their house. There were lots of them. The pictures of the couple smiling at each other, pictures from picnics, from theatres, from parks, from beaches looking at each other with love. Alastair would have fallen for those pictures and would have thought that the couple was really happy if it was not for the proof he had in his office stating that it was all a nothing but a delusion that Lily was living in.

"Please make yourself at home, Mr. Thorne." Easton smiled as Alastair sat down on the couch with Adam beside him.

Alastair was about to start a conversation when the clicking of heels was heard and the pace of his heart beat seemed to increase with the approaching footsteps.

A blonde woman appeared from the corridor, dressed in a blush pink dress with the sweetheart neckline with the thin straps around her shoulder. The dress hugged her waist perfectly and was flowing down till her knees. Her soft blond hair was tied in a low ponytail. Her orbs were as beautiful as the blue ocean that seemed to invite him to a dive. Her cheeks were rosy against that pale skin of hers. Her lips were stained pink that looked plump and desirable. She looked beautiful. She was beautiful.

Her mesmerising beauty knocked the breath out of Alastair's chest as he stared at her without blinking. Lost in her ethereal self Alastair saw her pink painted lips move but he could not get what she said.

Assuming it must have been polite greetings he forced his gaze to look away from her as he forced a smile and greeted her back like a gentleman and Adam soon followed.

Lily placed the homemade cookies along with croissant and served them the dandelion root tea as Easton had told her about their guest's preferences.

Lily felt Alastair's fingers touching hers when she handed him his cup of tea and it made her instantly pull back her hand and picked another cup from the tray and handed the tea to Adam who smiled at her politely and thanked her but even in that moment Lily felt Alastair's eyes on her and it made her feel uncomfortable.

She retreated quietly and sat beside her husband. Easton and Alastair got engaged in a random conversation while Adam stayed focused on the screen of his phone and Lily stayed quiet, uninterested in whatever the men were onto but felt weird as she still felt those lingering eyes on herself.