Chapter 16.

WARNING!!!

Sensitive topic ahead that could be triggering for some of you. Please proceed on your own risk.

Don't forget to vote and comments.

Enjoy reading.

********

Alastair was not surprised to say the least. He had tried to find the proof and had tried to have them photographed together doing something illicit but failed. And when he got to know about the past trauma Sarah's life was entangled with, he had figured it out.

"I have every single detail of your life, Sarah, what makes you think I would not know about you being a prude?" Alastair questioned in a tsked tone. His question made her eyes widened as she looked at him with horror gripping her heart.

"W-What do you m-mean?"

Alastair remained silent for a mere few seconds but it felt like an eternity to her. The way he looked at her with his hawk like eyes made her feel small and she knew he was doing it intentionally.

Alastair stood up from his seat and walked slowly towards the giant glass window giving the alluring view of the city. The sight was blissful but his words were exact opposite, "You know Sarah, I have heard a story about a fourteen -year-old girl from Ohio, the one who was kept locked in the basement by her stepfather, getting abused both physically and sexually until after two months when she finally managed to escape. Does any of it sound familiar to you?"

Sarah's heartbeat increased erratically, her palms turned sweaty and she felt something crawling inside her. His words were not only familiar but a reality. A horrible reality she had lived for the mentioned two months.

Sarah found the air around her disappearing. The sudden lack of oxygen made her struggle to breath. The terrible flashbacks came rushing down to her causing the mass hysteria to erupt within her. She pushed herself down the chair, falling on her knees with a loud sound as she clutched her chest, a raging pain shooting up there.

The sudden thud sound from the behind grabbed Alastair's attention as he turned around, tearing away his gaze from the magnificent view to her figure who was on the floor. Her sudden reaction shocked him to the core as he had not really expected that.

The condition she was in made him freeze, having no clue what to do to help her he stood there without moving. His eyes were fixed on her as he stayed rooted, afraid that going near her might make it worse for her. She was scared to be near men and considering her trauma Alastair concluded that she knew how to get it under control.

He had read in her files that she had been sent to therapy for years to overcome the fear and anxiety that horrible event had cursed her with. A slight feeling of discomfort rose in his guts indicating the guilt he felt but it was soon washed away with the raging feeling of anger Lily's word from the other day had caused in him.

Sarah struggled on the floor for a few more minutes, hitting her chest with the fist to overcome the pain and trying to block the memories that kept coming back to her until she eventually overcame it. It was not the first time she had gotten a panic attack with no one around to help. She had gotten used to dealing with it on her own. It was just that the last two times she had them, Easton was there and she had unconsciously started leaning on him ever since.

The hazel eyed brunette stood up on her own, her face was flushed as she stumbled a bit but gradually stabled herself on her heel. Her eyes looked for her bag and found it on the table, extending her shivering arm out in order to grab it, she flinched a little when he appeared out of nowhere and offered her a glass of water.