Chapter 9.

Hey guys!

I hope all of you are doing good.

Here is the weekly update, don't forget to vote and comment.

Enjoy!!

********

The male with brown hair was sitting behind the table, his head buried in the pile of files and eyes fixed on the black ink that adorned the white paper. His brows were furrowed indicating the stress he was in. There was just so much for him to do and the time was never enough.

His office was silent, except for the few exaggerated sighs and sharp intake of breath that he took in intervals. He was almost done with the file in his hand when a sudden knock was heard on the closed door. He glanced at the clock that read fifteen past four and allowed the person in, kind of expecting who it might be and his guess turned out to be true when his assistant stepped inside with a mug of coffee with her.

The ginger haired female gently placed the hot cup of coffee in front of him, "A cup of strong cappuccino with no sugar and one pump of caramel, just like you like it." She said as she placed the blue file that she carried along with her on the table just beside the cup of coffee.

"Another file!" Alastair groaned as he picked up the cup and sipped the heavenly liquid down, the flavor of caramel invaded his mouth and he felt grateful. It was the best thing that happened to him the entire day and as ironic as it sounded it was the truth.

"God, Marissa! If it was not for this heavenly coffee I would have cried at the sight of another file." Alastair exclaimed dramatically, making Marissa laugh at his behaviour, whining like a child.

"Who would believe that the big bad and arrogant billionaire is such a child for a cup of coffee!" She added giggling and he simply rolled his light brown eyes at her in a playful manner.

"Well, this billionaire has to work his ass off to maintain that billions, plus I have not eaten anything since last night." He complained but eyed the blue file nonetheless and inquired about it, "What is this file about? Is it from the finance department?"

"No, Sir." Marissa shook her head in negative as she settled on a chair across from him, "It was about that marketing company we had the meeting with yesterday. The details, be it professional or personal, about Easton Maxwell that you might require is in there." She informed as he hummed in response.

"I liked their proposal for the cruise line and their approach with the marketing." Alastair shared his thoughts as he sipped his coffee and opened the file to briefly go through it. "If there is nothing suspicious then send them an email and fix a date for the contract signing." He said as he looked at the information regarding the small company.

"Nothing is suspicious, there is no criminal record or any lawsuit against them. Our verification team has looked into it." Marissa informed the CEO, further adding the questions. "Should we start preparing the contract or would you like to negotiate the terms first?"

Alastair nodded his head "No, advise the legal team to proceed with the contract. There is nothing to negotiate, they are not asking for much anyway." He casually turned the next page and his eyes fell on the marital status of Easton.

"I did not know that the guy was married." Alastair commented nonchalantly as he also found out that the guy was a year younger than him.

"Well, not everyone is single at the age of twenty-eight." Marissa mocked the man in front of her, "but to be honest even I was surprised, because I thought that there was something going on between his assistant and him."