Fights

A/N: this Chapter is gonna be James pov only!

——

James pov:

"So What happend?" Regulus ask

We are sitting in the astronomy.

"It's something about Sirius, I understand if you don't want to talk about him"

"James no, i offered to talk with you and I don't care if it's about Sirius or anyone else." He gives me a little reassuring smile.

"I accidentally told him, Remus and Peter we were friends and now he's mad at me."

"He has no right to be tho, you don't do anything wrong about who you wanna be friends with. He's wrong for acting out about it."

"I know. It's just him and me has always been so close and he's my best friend. He had mixed feelings about you and me butting in and being your friend is probably the worst betrayal for him."

Regulus says nothing. I remember he also looked a little upset when we bumped into each other.

"What about you? You were upset to I could see that." I say

"Barty gay"

"So? You don't support him?"

"I don't even know. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that he is happy but I grew up with homophobic parents. Once when I was five they had a friend come over. He wanted to say something important to them. I was supposed to be in my room but i sneaked downstairs and looked through a crack in the door. He told my parents he was gay, and I saw the looks on my parents faces. I saw my father take out his wand and put the curcio spell over him. I saw it as he screamed in pain while my dad was yelling horrible things after him. I never saw him again after that. I found out he died last year. He was murdered by a death eater for being gay. I never wanna be like my parents."

"They sound horrible! How can anyone be like that!?"

"My parents are just like that. Filling my head with horrible things I can't get rid of again."

"I'm sorry for everything Regulus I really am."

"James don't say that nothing about them is your fault."

I then out of nowhere pull Regulus into a hug. He hugs back after realising what's going on.

"Thank you James." He says and pulls away.

"Thank you Regulus."

"For what?"

"For trying. For trying to support Barty and for not being remotely close to your parents in any way."

Regulus smiles at me. A new kind of smile. A more genuine and warm smile.

——

I find Sirius. He's sitting in the sofa in the common room after I get back from the astronomy tower with Regulus. Regulus is not with me. We thought it would be the best idea if he slept at Barty and Evans room for tonight.
When he sees me he gives me a dirty look before looking away acting as if I'm not there.

"Hey Sirius" I say and take a seat at the opposite side of the sofa.

"What do you want."

"I want to apologise and I want you to apologise too."

"I'm not going to say sorry to you. It was you who betrayed me. I have nothing to apologise for."

"Sirius I know that you are mad and upset that I'm friends with Regulus, but it's my choice who I want to be friends with, Not yours."

"But it's Regulus! He's a bad person and you know that."

"No he's not. He has a hard shell and mean when you first meet him, but actually he's just hurt."

"Hurt? Over what? He's the favorite child and has always been, he has nothing to be hurt over."

"He's hurt because of the shit you parents brought him through after you left. After you left him there was no one to help him anymore. No one to feel safe with. His parents started to be even worse against him after you were gone. He's hurt that he lot him brother. You would know that if you actually cared about him, but instead it me who has deep talks with him. I love that he's feels safe with me, but those conversations is brother to brother conversations. Not friend to friend conversation. You really messed him and his life up, and now you asking why he's hurt? You really are stupid aren't you?"

Sirius looked at James who had stood up from the sofa now. He hadn't even noticed. Both Sirius and James was shocked over what James just said, even tho James hid it and Sirius didn't.
Before Sirius could say anything more James left. He walked up to the dorm where Remus sat with his homework in his lap.

"Are you ok?" He asked laying down his pen.

"Just argued with Sirius again. Yay."
James said sarcastically and crashed into his bed.

He looked over the his side.
The bed Regulus slept in was just beside his. It was the only bed that never looked like a mess. It's was always clean in his side of the room unlike the others who's bed was messy and had things like books and clothes thrown on them.

"Where's Regulus?" Remus asked

"He's sleeping at Barty and Evans room for tonight. I don't think neither him or Sirius is ready to see each other."

Remus nodded before starting to write on his homework again. I stood up and took my pyjamas. Went to the bathroom and took a cold shower.

Did I over share in the fight with Sirius?
Did I say to much or something Regulus wouldn't like that I said?

I hope not.

I got dry, took on my pyjamas which was grey sweatpants and a red griffendor tank top. Almost all my shirts was griffendor related. I always hated when I was in the muggle word and had to wear basic muggle clothing. All those boring dark colours muggles wore.

Regulus could pull dark Colours of tho. Wait why am I thinking that? Ew James, you can't like him. He's a friend and will never be more.

I have decided to take Remus advice and ask Lily out in a not so extreme way. I wrote;
"You, me the winter ball?"
On a big white sheet of paper.
I'm going to ask her tomorrow.
I really hope she says yes.

It would be embarrassing to have to go alone.