Chap. 5 A new Roommate

Garrett’s POV

What the hell is going on here?! I thought to myself as I watched this Shawn guy lift Aubrey off the ground, I looked over at Maya was just stood away from the two with a torn expression, like she was being controlled to stay where she was. I watch as Aubrey grabbed onto Shawn’s forearm tightly as a growl broke the silent air, I suppose Shawn took that as a challenge because he threw her hard against a tree, I called out her name in fear that she was going to be killed only to see her break through the tree and the tree behind it. She fell to the floor but crouched low on the ground her eyes had returned to their electric blue and seemed to be glowing; I tore my eyes from her and saw Shawn running towards me with a killer look in his eyes. He was coming at me so fast I thought for sure he would reach me and kill me but Aubrey surprised me once again and tackled him down to the ground and pinning him.

I watched in horror as Shawn grabbed Aubrey’s arms so quickly and managing to pin her down and slamming her shoulders hard into the ground causing a ditch to form. At that point I knew she was done for but that was until I saw her kick Shawn from under her and send him flying in the air and grabbed hold of a tree. “Give up Aubrey, I am centuries older then you are, I can easily destroy you!” he yelled

Aubrey climbed out of the ditch and brushed the dirt off her clothes “Then end this fight I rather die trying to protect him then die not” she yelled back, at that moment I felt something deep inside me warm up, she was fighting for me, but why? I wanted so much to protect her but knew I was useless in this kind of fight. My heart thudded loudly in my chest as my face became hot just watching her alone seemed to catch my breath in my throat.

“Have it your way” Shawn emerged from the tree jumping down at her with so much force that they almost slammed into Maya who was making these terrible sobbing noises,  with such speed Shawn grabbed Aubrey’s  hand and put the behind her back while stepping on her so her face was in the dirt in front of me. “Aubrey…you have disappointed me in more ways than one, you are a disgrace to all vampires. You try and protect this human then respecting the law, breaking my coven and the vampire rule. The punishment is death” I quickly scrambled up and ran towards them, I had to stop him he couldn’t kill her, I would rather them kill me instead if this was the only way I could protect her then I would. “NO WAIT!” I yelled out, “Hold him!” he yelled at Maya who was at my side in a flash pinning me on the ground, “MAYA PLEASE MAKE HIM STOP!” I yelled but got no answer back from her, just those tearless sobs.  I watched helplessly as Aubrey was pinned onto the ground she lifted her head and looked at me with pain filled eyes, “Garrett, I’m so sorry…I didn’t want this to happen” she cried just as I was about to answer her back Shawn pulled her arms with such strength that they started tearing at her shoulders, Maya’s sobs mixed in with Aubrey’s screams made my heart hurt to the point I thought I myself was going to die just watching the scene before me.

This was it right here, watching her die before me was going to scare me for the rest of my life which was probably only seconds, I would never get to know her, she would never get to know me, I wouldn’t find out why she acted the way she does. I would never know the real Aubrey.

A white flash emerged from the trees and pushed Shawn down to the ground freeing Aubrey who was withering in pain. Maya had stopped sobbing and gasped out loud at what she saw “GREGORY!”  a tall blonde boy with the same features as Maya and Aubrey stood over Shawn “Hey Maya..” he whispered looking over at her, he was roughly 5’9 with bright purple eyes he wore a plain grey shirt with a white beanie and white shorts, he cracked a crocked smile at her and shrugged “I heard all the yelling and crying from miles away that I decided to come and investigate, I should have know it was you three..Or should I say four?” he said then looking to me.