Chap 12. Hunting the Prey

"I'm coming with you Aubrey!"  I turned around to face Lindsey as she quickly walked out after Gregory and I. A frusterted sigh left my lips, I didn't have time for this. Every second I stayed talking with this girl the greater the chance I had at losing Garrett.

"Look Lindsey, I don't want to hurt your feelings but you have helped enough, and I dont want you to be getting hurt if things go wrong" Lindsey's face fell at my words as I inched towards the car until she spoke again "I can take care of myself Aubrey, I may not look like it but I can..Grandma says that I may even be able strong enough to bring back the dead if necessary"

Bring back the dead? My vampire side murmured inside my head.

"I dont know Lindsey...I mean you are my only sort of normal friend here and I..."

"Save your breath Aubrey I. Am. Going. "

"HEY CAN WE GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!" Maya yelled from the car.

I turned to look back at Lindsey to the car. If one of us got hurt we would need someone to patch us up in no time and the only person that could possibly do that would be Lindsey.

"FINE! Hurry up" I growled before piling her into the car.

The drive to the mountain was a quiet one. No one spoke at all, not even the radio was on. Everyone including myself was in a mountain of thoughts.

What if he is dead already... I thought grimly, what if Im too late?

I felt my Vampire side stir inside me as my thoughts bubbled around. I could tell she was on edge ever since the fight that I lamely lost to Samuel in the packing lot. It was as if once we heard Garrett yell out for me that my vampire side didnt want to lose him either. Though she tried to make it seem she didnt give two shits about him, it was pretty clear by the way she was acting tonight that she loved him as much as I did.

We are going to get there in time Aubrey don't worry... My vampire murmured to me softly. It was so unlike her usual tone that it startled me a little. 

But what if-

What if nothing! Do you hear me? My vampire demanded. When we get there we are going to end that low life son of a bitch and save Garrett no matter what do you understand me! We are all going to walk out of here alive.

I let her words roll around in my brain. We were all going to come out alive...

Garrett's POV 

Ever single part of my body was screaming with pain as I dangled from the wall like a helpless rag doll. After the intense beating Samuel had given me, he left me with a swollen eye and possibly two broken ribs. I took in another painful shaggy breath as I tried to focus on everything that was going around me, I wanted to black out so badly but my body kept telling me to hold on just a little longer, but I just couldn't. My faith that Aubrey was coming at all was starting to fade.

Maybe she didnt care about me after all, she probably saw this as a way to finally get rid of me. I bowed my head low in defeat, after all this time I really thought she had changed but apparently she didnt.

Heavy footsteps made their way down to the basement, causing me to fill up in fear. This was it he was going to kill me right here, right now.

"So almost three hours have passed and still nothin..." He said smugly "I really did think she would come but by the looks of it you were just another human to her..what a shame" I let my head fall in disappear knowing he was speaking the truth, if Aubrey really did care she would have been hours ago..