Chap. 9 The only way out & Sweet Returns

(( SORRY GUYS IVE BEEN GONE FOR A WHILE! I TYPED THIS PART LAST WEEKEND BUT JUST BEEN TO LAZY TO FINISH IT AND PUT IT UP, BUT HERE YOU GO! TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY TO SHOW YOU HOW SORRY I AM!!! I WONT TAKE LONG TO POST THE NEXT CHAPTER I PROMISE!!))

“We are almost there Aubrey just hang on” I looked up from droopy eyelids at Gregory and closed them with a sigh. I was weak, exhausted. I wanted to go home, but I knew I couldn’t go home yet. The past week has been hell and I can hardly stand anymore. Most of the time I want to break down and cry but I know I can’t, I just need to hold out for a few more days. The sun was just barley setting now and I could tell Gregory was on edge. He kept on looking at me every five seconds and ran his fingers through his hair every now and then, and here I was pretending to sleep.

Gregory had manage to get a lead on Natasha and Steven finally, not wanting to waste any time he towed me from the hotel and threw me into the rental car and sped to god knows where. I pressed my face against the car’s window and watched pedestrians pass by. “We are going to be home in less than 24 hours Aubrey” he kept on saying over and over again. I tried to block him out but I wasn’t really succeeding. According to Gregory and Maya’s Phone conversations apparently Garrett has been having a tough time just as much as I have had. He isn’t eating, and Maya has to force him out of the house now. You think I would be worried and beg him to hold on for a few days but I wasn’t going to do that. After the fight we had I haven’t talk to Maya or Garrett. Just thinking about him sickened me. My hand tightened around the car handle causing the plastic to indent where my pale fingers resided.

Gregory placed a hand on my shoulder but I didn’t look at him, I released my grip and wiped my face with a sigh. “You okay?” he asked but I just shook my head. I wasn’t okay, I was on edge and I just wished this whole stressful problem would go away.

After another 20 minutes of driving Gregory pulled up to an old looking mansion that was surrounded by different exotic plants and bushes. Vines wrapped themselves on the old white pillars of the house, where the front door was wide open. Gregory carefully helped me out of the car and supported most of my weight up to the house. “Natasha! Steven? Are you home?”  Gregory yelled out,

“Gregory what a pleasant surprise!” a tall woman appeared at the top of the stairs with a wide smile, she walked down the stairs with her orange dress trailing behind her, she had light brown hair that was tied into a tight bun on the top of her head. Her eyes weren’t like Gregory’s or mine they were a blacked out, and for a seconded I wondered if her Vampire side was taking effect. “If I knew you were coming I would have brought something to drink” she said with her accent echoing the house, she pulled Gregory in for a hug while I leaned up against the wall trying to force a smile. “You look Lovely Natasha, absolutely magnificent” he said kissing her check before gesturing to me, “This is Aubrey Alexander, she is a new member to my coven” Natasha looked me up and down and cracked a smile but it wasn’t like the warm one she had given Gregory.

“Nice to meet you” I choked out offering my hand, she took it in a strong grip and smile “Charmed I’m sure” then looked over to Gregory, “Well what bestows me with your great presence, the last time I spoke to you was over two hundred years” she laughed, Gregory laughed along with her and shrugged “Well you see…I need yours and Steven’s help with something. Where is Steven?” he asked. Natasha shooed him off and rolled her eyes “Who knows, possibly running around town like a drunken idiot” Gregory looked at me but I just raised an eyebrow in question, this women was supposed to be the answer to our problem? Yea…I really doubted it.

“Come in though, before those pesky Vampire hunters start shooting” I looked at Gregory in worry as he helped me in but just whispered “She is joking.” The house was grander on the inside; the rooms were wall to wall with white carpet and famous pictures hanging on the walls. Natasha led us into what I assumed was the study and offered us a seat. “What is your question Gregory, maybe I can be some help” “Well you see Aubrey here, has gotten into a problem and from what I have heard you know how to fix it” Natasha nodded in curiosity, her black eyes fixed on me making me squirm, I felt like I was some kind of test subject as she gazed at me. “She met a human, and you see she and this boy… well they sort of… how can I put this?” “They Blood bounded” she said bluntly looking at Gregory who just nodded “And I just assumed…” “You just assumed I know something about the whole bound process and would give you some advice on how to help break it” Again Gregory nodded. Natasha scoffed and took a seat before starting up again “And I am assuming you want to break it as well” she said acknowledgement me. I looked to Gregory then to her “Well…yes, I mean I don’t want to have this boy suffer on having to be chained to a vampire and...” “You don’t want to be accidently lose control and drink him dry like the monster you are” she said appearing in front of me causing me to shrink back in my chair, “Oh yes...I see it in your eyes…”She whispered “You want to be free of the curse and be human again, what Vampire doesn’t want that” she demanded slamming her hand on the arm of the chair.