Chap. 10 Open wounds

Mitch’s POV

“Hey dad you in here,” I called walking into his office only to find it empty “Great...” I groaned taking a seat at his desk, I was now going to be late for the game coach was no doubt going to chew me out about it but I didn’t really care, it’s not like the team needed me or anything when now their star player garret was back to normal.

My hands clenched into fists as I thought about him, that son of a bitch. Even though Garrett and I have been friends since we were kids I always felt like I had to be better than him. Whenever there was a test and I would get an A, he would get an A+. All the girls fell head over heels for him but none of them gave me the late of day. Parents, teachers, even our coach adored him but it was the total opposite for me. And now that he was hanging out with that freak Aubrey…well let’s just say I’m not her biggest fan.

I know she had something to do with Jason and Kevin’s death but I couldn’t put the pieces together I told my dad about my suspicion since he was head chief of police in our town but he just shrugged it off saying that I was being to suspicious of the newcomers.

As I waited for my dad to come into his office I looked around his desk not really snooping until a folder caught my eyes. Cautiously I picked up the white folder that had written in black letters across it that read “missing children’. Just wanting to kill time, I flipped through the pictures until I stopped dead on a paper that read Missing Child.

“Abby Skysen, age missing seventeen, eye color blue, hair color: jet black. Abby Skysen was last seen walking home late on Thursday October 29 from dance practice; Abby failed to return home that night and was reported missing the following day. Miss Skysen has been missing for almost five years but family members are still looking.” I read aloud the picture that provided looked exactly like Aubrey.

“Oh I’m sorry, I thought this was Chief Lucas’s office” A voice said, I quickly crumbled the paper and stuffed it in my bag before looking up at the older man. He wore a large brown trench coat with a pair of cow boy bots and hat; he was covered head to toe in black clothing that made me laugh silently. He reminded me of some cowboy in those old western movies.

“This is, but I’m his son” the man looked at me weirdly then back at the door before shutting it. “His son eh? Well then I suppose you could help me” he mumbled before pulling out a crumbled old photo.

“Take a look here sonny, you seen these people around here?” he demanded I took the worn photo and looked at it closely it was in black and white of a group of kids. I was right about to hand the picture back until I looked more closely at one of the girls.

“Yea I’ve seen them, that’s Aubrey, Shawn and Maya. I don’t know the other guy and girl in the picture though why you want to know” I said handing it back to him.

“Because...” He mumbled glaring at the picture “They are murders, monsters even!”

Okay Mitch do the smart thing for once and leave now’ I thought but knew I wasn’t going to do such a thing I asked “What are you talking about?”

The old man looked at the door then at me “They are vampires, I’ve been chasing down this group for awhile, you see this girl here?” he demanded pointing to the girl in the middle of the photo I didn’t recognize.

“Yea what about her?”

“She was my daughter, fell in love with that Shawn character, but like the monster’s they are he turned her and I did the only thing I could think of to save her”

He can’t be serious! I thought stepping back a few steps, this guy was crazy!

“But when I heard of those two boys gone missing, I knew it was them, and I need your help, before they kill someone close to you”