The Party

-Andrew Peterson-

It'd been a week since the incident in the tattoo parlor. Andrew sat on her bed, laptop in hand. Part of her feared the backlash from Ethan so she'd tried to stay in her bedroom as much as she could. But if he was smart he wouldn't start anything, especially after that public display.

"What's on your schedule for this evening?" She looked up from her laptop to find her newest made friend, Emily. The day had passed quickly, she hadn't woken till noon and spent most of the afternoon watching movies on her computer.

"Why? What's happening tonight?" She closed the lid on her laptop and Emily had a knowing look on her face.

"There's a party at this old abandoned warehouse, something they usually put together for the werewolves and hunters. A peaceful place we can all hang out, no fighting. It hasn't been up for long, just a few months but it's been working out so far." Emily came to sit on her bed beside her. Andrew had met Emily by accident on her morning jog. They ran into each other as Andrew had been debating going out of the territory to chance meeting Jake.

"Tonight?" She questioned as Emily lay back lazily in the bed with a nod. "I think I want to color my hair if we're going to go to a party. It's time for some major changes." Andrew looked down at herself in her baggy t-shirt and gray-edge-lace underwear. "I should probably put clothes on first. She giggled and headed for her closet.

"So, what's up between you and Matt?" Emily had been the girl that had happened to walk in on them that day in the laundry room. When they'd run into each other at the border Emily had blurted out 'Oh-my-gosh-the-laundry-make-out-girl'. Then corrected herself and said, 'I mean Andrew'. "You guys make out in the laundry room one time and then it's like there's nothing there at all."

Andrew's cheeks pinked when reminded of them kissing. She remembered the numbingly wonderful feeling in her legs and the butterflies in her stomach when he'd kissed her like it was yesterday. "I'm not sure. We never talked about the kiss and neither of us have moved to go further than that one kiss. I told him I liked him but that was it" She sighed and picked up a gray V-neck shirt and some ripped skinny jeans. She pulled out her nice cream/beige colored sandals with rhinestones on the strap. "Let's go, I want brown hair before this damn party."

"You've changes a lot in the past few weeks, you got another tattoo and now your hair?" Emily laughed. She was the exact opposite of Andrew, blonde hair blue eyes, clean, no tats, piercings apart from one in each lobe and she didn't curse almost at all. She liked to party, which wasn't something Andrew did much of. But when she did, she went all out.

Well over an hour later they walked out of the hair salon and Andrew ran her hands through her wonderfully colored hair. Matt stood on one side of her and Emily on the other, their elbows looped together. "We will see you back at the house later tonight, Matt." His eyes growing hard at Andrew's declaration.

"You didn't drive separate, Andrew." His eyes narrowed, "Where are you going to go?"

"We're going to a party. We can take a taxi and get a ride back with one of the other clan people." She wanted to cower back at the harsh bite to his words, but she knew not to be afraid of him. She was obviously better than him and knew he wouldn't hurt her.

"Oh no you won't. Not without me." He stood his ground and she had to swallow her pride, wanting to dig her heels in and insist they would be fine. Instead she sighed in frustration and agreed.

They showed up at the warehouse just as the sun was beginning to dip below the trees. They could already hear the music pumping from within. Nobody stood outside the door to card them, so they walked right in. There were bouncers set around the room, ready to jump at the sign of action but from what Andrew could see everyone was dancing and drinking and having fun.