Rescue

(Third Person)

Saju's wife drove him to a private airport early in the morning. They exchanged one last kiss before he stepped out with a duffle bag and met up with his pilot. After landing at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, (YN), Armando, and Nik drove off in their jeep to a nearby hotel outside Dhaka city limits. 

The assassin was disappointed at not having the time to get his crossbow but his gauntlets filled the gap. He kept his neck gaiter and beanie on at all times to observe his features. Nik quickly got her assassin acquainted with the rest of the team. There were two intelligence members and four fire team men. 

Gaetan was the sniper. Yaz, one of the intelligence members, began the briefing while his female African American second connected her military-grade laptop to a larger monitor." This is our extract, Nima Mahajan, 18 years old. His father, Ovi Mahajan, is incarcerated. " He explained. " So, Nik here has employed us to get the girl back, and the kidnappers have refused to negotiate. " (YN) turned around and slightly lowered his gaiter to down a small cup of tea, nearly burning his mouth but jolting him with energy. 

" What's our opposition? " He asked. " Amir Asif. Dhaka's very own Pablo Escobar. " Yaz replied and showed a picture of him. " Biggest drug lord in India vs biggest drug lord in Bangladesh. " Nik said. " Simple enough. " (YN) commented. " A lot of bad blood between them. This is our extraction point. So, Jose and Thiago will man a boat, ferry you, HomeRun, and the kid nine miles down the Buriganga River to Armando in a chopper. Any questions? " Yaz explained. " How many hostiles on site? " (YN) asked. 

" Estimated to be around 20. Okay, clock is ticking. Let's chop-chop! " Yaz urged loudly. " I need a sidearm. Took this job on the fly. " (YN) remarked. One of the fireteam mercs nodded and opened up a small weapons case then handed the assassin a loaded SIG Sauer M17 with two extra mags. " Thanks. " (YN) said while shoving the pistol and mags into his pants. 

" HomeRun, you'll meet the kidnappers first before you rescue the girl. Gaetan will cover you. " Yaz said and handed the assassin a flip phone. " Here's a burner and sedan keys. We're tracking the phone to coordinate you. The kidnappers have the number. That's all. " (YN) nodded and pocketed the phone and car keys. He went for the exit but Nik called his callsign. " Yeah? " He asked. " Good luck. "  She said with a pained expression. " Thanks. Get ready to pay me. " (YN) said confidently before leaving. 

He got into a beat-up early 2000s sedan and drove into the city. The mission taking place in a run-down part of the city didn't surprise him. He parked in a more secluded and less populated block. " I swear if this car gets stolen. Better get the girl fast. " (YN) thought angrily. He rejoined the busy streets and sat outside the cafe as the message ordered. 

The assassin looked around cautiously. After nine minutes, he noticed Gaetan in the crowd. The two regarded each other with a nod as he entered the cafe and ordered. (YN) quickly took out the phone when it rang. " You see the laundry across the street? " The kidnapper asked in English. (YN) looked and saw a shabby spot where women stirred clothes in metal barrels. 

" Eh, if that's what you people consider laundry. " He remarked half-jokingly. " Ha, funny man. Walk to it. " The voice ordered. (YN) got up and began walking down the street. He took a quick look behind to make sure Gaetan was following him before crossing the street. " I'm here. Now what? " (YN) asked. A blue van pulled up in front of the assassin. 

" Welcome to Dhaka, HomeRun. I'm Kalam " The driver introduced cheerily in English as the door slid open, revealing a kid armed with a bolt action rifle. (YN) slowly raised his arms while two people came from behind. One threw a bag on his head while the other pushed him into the van. The pair got in and held him at gunpoint alongside the kid. They drove the assassin to a decrepit apartment complex.