Battle At The Bridge P.2

(Note from Nironus: Ran out of prewritten pages last one ago so now here we are with this one! We're so close to the ending so thanks for reading!)

(Third Person)

With wide eyes, the cop recognized Nima and went for his pistol. Saju was faster and hip fired into the cop through the cloth. He swung around and killed the surrounding cops. The foot traffic on the bridge broke in a craze to get off. Saju and Nima took cover behind a flatbed truck as he threw off his makeshift robe. " Move! Go! Go! " One of the nearby cops shouted.

Saju pulled back the stock on his gun and looked at Nima. " Stay here. " He ordered in English. Saju kept his body low as he moved from car to car and held them off. At one car, the side view mirror was blown off from above. A cop was shooting from the nearby water tower. Saju crept behind another car and managed to get a clear shot. After getting the sharpshooter, the enforcer moved back to Nima's position and started chucking grenades where the bridge started.

Through the colonel's binoculars, Amir watched the battle. His teeth gritted together in rage. " Take two more units to the bridge. " The drug lord ordered. His corrupted police colonel took out his radio. " Two units to the bridge. Hurry! " The colonel shouted. He turned to his police escorts. " I'm going with them. Bring me my sniper! "

They nodded and followed him out the building. Amir's bodyguard stifled her laughter. " Good luck, boys. " She wished. Amir quickly turned around and faced his guard.

" You're enjoying this, huh, Black Widow? " He asked angrily. " Mmm, maybe? " She answered innocently.

Amir growled and turned around. He threw his arms in the air. " I should've had you kidnap and watch the kid! " He raged. " You've been paying me to protect you. Doing your work is gonna cost you extra. " The Widow reminded.

" Yeah yeah, I know. " He acknowledged and looked back at the bridge. " Alright, fine. Go, Widow. Kill them all. " Amir ordered. She smiled. " With pleasure. I'll need some gear and a fast boat. " Shadek moved next to the balcony door. We have weapons stashed here. I'll call the colonel and get you a boat. " He said quickly before opening the door.

(YN's P.O.V)

I wonder who's getting it worse, me or Saju? I made it down to the streets and engaged the cops who ran here. I took cover behind a car and shot down two before dropping my rifle and reloading my grenade launcher one last time. With it, I blew up one of the cars in front of me and charged forward.

(Third Person)

A helicopter packed with SWAT units flew to the bridge. Saju and Nima ran down the temporarily clear bridge but took cover by a truck upon hearing the chopper. " That bus, go Nima! "He shouted. She dashed for the bus two cars across from her. Saju was right behind her. " Get inside the bus. Stay there and stay down. I'm gonna draw them away from you. " He ordered.

" Where is HomeRun? " Nima asked. " He should be close. I'll call him soon. " Saju replied quickly. The enforcer patted her head and smiled as the helicopter blades got louder. " In, now! " Saju moved to the front of the bus and lined up a shot at the chopper. As it turned to its side to open fire, Saju shot first.

One of the SWAT members went limp and fell into the water. " Dammit! Light him up! " A cop next to the machine gunner shouted. Saju dashed as the helicopter gunner rained bullets, blowing up multiple cars in the process. At the end of the bridge, Nik and the last member of the team finally arrived. Right before the car stopped, she texted (YN) their location. They easily gunned down the surprised cops set up on the other side.

" Push forward! " Nik ordered. " Yes, ma'am. " The mercenary acknowledged as he engaged the SWAT team. Saju took cover behind a cargo truck in the middle of the bridge. Police reinforcements made it to the entrance side while the SWAT helicopter lowered itself near the opposite end. The team jumped down onto the cars and moved for a pincer. " He quickly took out his radio. " HomeRun, I'm being flanked. I need you on the bridge! " He shouted.