Chapter 24

Khloe

His eyes never leaving mine. I can feel his rage by just looking at his dark face. I took the wine glass and chuckled a bit.

"About that... " I paused. I took a sip on my wine before bringing my eyes back to him. "I don't have a plan to hide it. Ask me and rest assured that I will answer it truthfully. " Because partly, alam kong may kasalanan din ako.

"What... is happening here? " His Mom asked. Pabalik balik ang tingin nito sa amin ni Logan. She's confused and I fully understand it.

"Anyone care to enlighten us? " Si Daddy. He glanced at Mommy. "Let's just listen to them. " She said in a calm tone. Daddy nodded his head in approval.

"Did you pretend to be a nerd? " Logan started.

"Yes."

His jaw clenched with my answer. What? I'm just being honest here.

"Why did you do that? "

"To see your true color. To prove to my parents that they chose a wrong groom for me. " Diretsong sagot ko.

Kumuyom ang kamao nya na tila hindi nagustuhan ang sinabi ko. Mas lalo rin dumilim ang mukha nya.

"So how was your observation Princess? I failed miserably huh? Hindi ba ako umabot sa standards mo? " He coldly asked. Marahas nyang tinungga ang wine na para sa kanya.

"I treated you badly. I'm sure you hate me to the core. But... you fucking fooled me. "

"Logan! " His Dad's voice thundered. He was surely bothered with his son's sudden curse.

"Was it fun playing with my feelings? I told you that I liked Emerald... which happens to be you and... I fucking confessed that I like you... that nerdy Khloe. I fucking confessed without knowing that you were mocking me deep inside." Pagak itong tumawa at mababakas ang pait sa tono nya.

"Take that mask off Logan. We both know that we're both good at playing this game called pretending. Do you really think I will fall with that petty trick of yours? Wala na ba kayong maisip na iba nila Ariella? " I'm talking about that video.

"I didn't agree on it---"

"And I will believe you? Don't be ridiculous. "

Umiling ako at bahagyang natawa. I wasn't born yesterday so no, I won't believe him. May nilabas akong envelope at nilapag iyon sa lamesa. Kinuha iyon ni Daddy at umawang ang bibig nang makita ang mga pictures.

"What is that? " Mrs. Zamora took one of the pictures. Her eyes widen and her lips parted.

Hawak nya ang picture kung saan binuhusan ako ng juice ni Logan sa cafeteria. There was also a picture when I was covered with mustard and the recent one is with the slime.

"Just like his friends, they're so fond of humiliating me. "

Nilingon ko sila Daddy na nakatingin sa pictures. I could read his expression clearly. He's mad. Maybe because of what he saw on the pictures.

Binalingan nya ako ng masamang tingin. I saw this coming. Of course, I did something wrong. He wasn't aware that I am able to do that. I lowered my gaze, admitting that I was at fault too.

Nalukot ang picture na hawak nya.

"I know what my daughter did was wrong. She disguised herself as a nerd and fooled you. I won't justify her action... but I don't think she deserved to be treated that way. " He said in a controlled tone.

"I'm sorry but I would like to cancel this arrangement. " Daddy said with finality.

"I agree with you. I don't think this arrangement will work. " Sang-ayon ng Daddy ni Logan.