Chapter 5 : Technological Superiority

"In war, audacity is the most beautiful calculation of the genius" – Napoleon Bonaparte (again).

---

"Our scout are signaling us that the army of the Kingdom of Valoria will arrive in four days from this small passage"

In the territory of the Kingdom of Valoria, the 120 000 men of the Army of Plaines-d'Or had arrived to the location Aether desired for the first battle.

A/N : I have replaced the name of the Army of Valoria because it was kinda confusing, Plaines-d'Or was the name of the French lands in the Kingdom of Valoria before it was annexed.

The Army of Plaines-d'Or was now on an high hill, will a small forest on it. The land descended to a main plain, with a river crossing in the middle, the other side only being accessible by a single bridge.

At the other side of the river, an equally large plain extended itself until the small chain of mountain that separated the French from the army of the Kingdom of Valoria.

Only a small passage was large enough to bring an army to the other side of the mountains, which is why captain Armand of the Helvetic Guard said they would come from here.

Aether stood in his tent, with captain Armand to his sides, examining the map in front of them.

Aether had decided to change his old King's outfit, that was very uncomfortable to him, by an uniform in the style of the European monarchy of the XIX century, in a black color with golden details.

"Should we destroy the bridge and attack them from the other side of the river ?" Captain Armand suggested.

"No, we won't be able to progress quickly if we do this" Aether rejected this idea.

In the middle of their meeting, Napoleon entered within the tent with another individual with him, saluting the Emperor as the procedure demand it.

"Your Majesty, as you ordered, I have brought my brother-in-law with me" Napoleon introduced the man that was with him to the Emperor.

"Lieutenant Joachim Murat your Majesty, it's an honor to meet your illustrious stature" The man made a formal bow.

For those who didn't knew who Murat was, he was one of Napoleon's first Marshals, as well as his brother-in-law, that held a very important place in his life even before his military career

Murat was a fearless individual, he was the one that lead the cavalry charge of the Battle of Eylau, one of the biggest of the history.

Napoleon even regretted to not have bring him during the Battle of Waterloo, he said that Murat was the best candidate to force through the British squares with a cavalry.

"You're promoted to the rank of captain now, take the lead of the 1st Imperial Hussar Regiment" Aether immediately promoted him, so he could prove himself and become a general in the future.