Chapter 17 : Ending the Piracy

A/N : A new chapter only two days after the previous update ?! IMPOSSIBLE !!!

---

In the middle of the sea, the twelve Fantasque-class destroyers of the French Imperial Navy were sailing in a formation of three lines of four ships.

The fleet have been sent in a mission to destroy the Pirate Federation, and while those ship weren't very large, the amount of firepower they possessed was crushing compared to the line ships of the pirates.

With five 138 mm canons with a firing range of 20 000 meters and nine 550 mm torpedo tubes, it was impossible for every ships made of wood to resist.

The French Empire had sent every modern ships they had at disposal for this operation. But that doesn't meant that the Empire's coastlines were defenseless, not at all. The port-cities and other strategic locations were reinforced with bunkers and artillery fields.

The twelve destroyers proudly sailed over the beautiful azure colored sea, with the shining summer's sun in the sky and no cloud all around them.

Then, the steeled ships started to break their own formation, trying to form a single sparse line with as much distance as possible between each ships, while still being able to see each other.

"Enemy spotted at 25 000 meters of distance, prepare to engage at 18 000 meters" In one of the destroyers, Rear Admiral Darlan gave his orders to the other ships of the formation.

---

Many kilometers farther, an entire fleet composed of more than 1 000 line ships was sailing on the sea, emblazing the black flag of piracy.

Many people think that the flag of pirates was a white skull on a black background, while in reality most of the pirate ships only had a simple black flag, that is the symbol of death and rebellion.

Due to the wind being calm today, most of the sailors had almost nothing to do. So they were chattering with each other, playing card games or dices... Having sex with each other...

Because yes, another myth about piracy is that pirates love women, when in reality being a pirates mainly meant exploring new things usually forbidden by the religious and national laws. Pirates were often openly gays.

Some ships even connected with each other with a few planks, some drunk sailors drowned when they fell from those due to the instability of the 'infrastructure'.

"Damn, I'm so bored" A sailor said while smoking a luxury cigar he stole during the pillage of a merchant ship.

"Wow, that's very original compared to the other days" Another sailor replied sarcastically "How about reading a book and shut your mouth for once ?"

The first sailor got a tock mark when hearing him "You fucker, your perfectly know that I can't read"

"Oh right, I always forgot that your intellectual capabilities are as potent as your dick, that mean completely null"

"WHAT ?!? REPEAT TH-"

*Boom*

An explosion suddenly interrupted the calm ambiance of the sea, the sailors turned toward the origin of the sound to see one of their ship in fire and slowly sinking.

Many of the sailors that couldn't swim drowned into the sea, same for those that were locked up inside the ship.

Everyone looked with horror many of their comrades die either due to the fire, either because of the sea. Without comprehending how did that happen.