Chapter 1: Attraction

I set my laptop down beside me on my bed, and quickly threw some clothes into my suitcase. Taylor just walked in, smiling widely.

I slammed my suitcase shut, so Taylor wouldn't notice my lack of packing.

"Today's the day!" She sung, joining my side.

I chuckled nervously, fiddling with the hem of my shirt with one hand, and with the other holding down the lid of my suitcase.

She eyed me suspiciously.

"What's going on?"

I shook my head, biting at my bottom lip. "N-Nothing..."

She pried the suitcase lid out of my grasp and threw it open.

"You haven't been packing!" She shouted, trying to fight a grin, and failing.

"I know! I'm sorry!" I groaned, plopping back down beside my laptop.

"What have you been doing all this time?"

I looked down at my shoes, refusing to look at her.

"Um..."

Taylor poked me in the leg. "C'mon!"

"You want the truth?" I asked, glancing back up at her blue eyes.

She chuckled. "No, I want you to lie." She replied sarcastically.

I laughed along with her, and then answered, "Truth is, I was doing some last minute studying on One Direction."

She wiggled her perfectly thin eyebrows at me. "I see."

I smacked her arm gently. "Help me pack!"

She giggled again, neatly folding more clothes into my suitcase.

She packed way better then me. I just threw them in there.

"Look, if you don't want to come back when summer is over, I'll understand."

I glared playfully over at her. "Taylor! I'm not going to fall in love with them!"

She stuck her tongue out at me. "Or so you think."

I blushed a light pink, and finished packing my suitcase.

"Alright." I sighed. "That's all of them."

Taylor pulled me in for a hug. "I'll miss you, but don't worry about me! This job is for you. You're going to London!"

I smiled into Taylor's shoulder. She was right, I was going to London. Thanks to her, I was finally living my dream. I pulled away from her.

"All thanks to you."

She waved me off. "Nah, I'm just being a good friend."

"You're being a great friend and I'm going to miss you." I huffed.

"Don't worry bout me." She grinned.

"Bella your flight is leaving soon!" I heard Taylor's body guard call from the stairs.

Taylor and I walked down the hall and out of my apartment for the summer.

-^-

My plane had just landed in London, after a good 9 hours...

I had extreme jet lag once I stepped foot into the airport. There were so many people, I had to push myself to an empty spot and sit on an empty bench. I didn't see any teenage guys, I mostly saw business people chatting away on their phones as they rushed pasted people.

Finally a guy walked into view, followed by 4 others, all being herded along by huge body guards. These must be the guys I was looking for, and if I was correct, Louis, Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Harry now stood in front of me.

I stood from the bench immediately, extending a hand to the first one in the row, Louis.

He shook it gently, a bright smile lighting up his face.

"I'm Bella, good to meet you." I beamed.

"Louis! Great to meet you!"

I moved on down the row, receiving a winner smile, and kind welcome from each. I stopped at Harry, taken a back by his unbelievably good looks, I mean the others were just as cute, but there was something about him. Maybe, because he slightly reminded me of my last boyfriend. Though, I didn't want to remember him.

I shook Harry's hand, trying not to blush as I did.

"It's nice to meet you." I said, quieter then I had to the others.

Dimples on either side of his mouth greeted me. "I'm Harry. As you can tell, I'm the cutest."

The others chuckled, and I silently agreed with him, but played along anyway.

"Oh sorry, I didn't notice..."

He chuckled, a sly grin spreading across his lips.

A different man walked up to me, his name was Paul I believe, their manager. He extended a large hand, shaking it more powerfully then the boys had.

"Nice to meet you Bella, I'm Paul Higgins, and I'll be your boss for the summer."

I grinned at him. "Nice to meet you."

"Don't worry, I'll help you survive this bunch." He chuckled, motioning to the boys behind me. They grinned innocently, and I looked back to Paul.

"Thanks." I chuckled.

"Right this way." Paul said, helping me carry my suitcase out to the large black van waiting outside.

Lots of screaming welcomed me immediately, and I hurried into a seat.

I slid all the way to the far end, Louis sliding in beside me, then Liam. On the other side, Harry slid across from me, then Niall, and then Zayn.

I tried not to blush as all of them stared directly at me, like they were waiting for something brilliant to just fly out of my mouth. Sorry to disappoint them, I wasn't like a complete genius. Not even close.

"So, tell us about yourself." Liam said, breaking the awkward silence.

I hesitated, thinking of something cool to say.

"Come on! I'm sure there's tons more stuff then just makeup in your life." Niall chuckled.

"Let her think, lads!" Louis shouted.

All their gazes landed on me once more, and I stumbled to find some words quickly.

"Well, there isn't exactly much to tell. I lived with my mother in Florida until I was like...13, then I started right away in the makeup styling business. Taylor hired me when I turned 16, and I went to live with her in Nashville. Though we travel a lot more places then that."

Their eyes lit up with amusement as I rambled on about my simple, yet full filling life. How could someone like them find my life that exciting?

"That's great." Liam said.

I caught Niall's eye and chuckled, "So, my life is pretty much makeup."

He blushed, grinning an adorable wide smile.

"But your living your dream and that's all that matters." Harry replied across from me.

I turned to him, feeling my cheeks burn slightly.

"That's right." I grinned, twirling a strand of my red hair around in my finger.

He returned a grin, his green eyes staring into my brown ones. Why did I feel so attracted to this boy?