Chapter 10:One Truth

"What are you...." I cut off once I noticed the camera in his hands. Luke was a photographer.

He glanced from the camera in his hands and then back to me.

"Yeah..I'm doing some pictures, but the rain kinda ruined that." He huffed, motioning to the rain behind him.

Once I looked behind him, I realized I must have lost the boys on the way here.

"Bella...I though I'd never see you again..." Luke's soft voice purred in front of me.

I glared at him. "You mean once you left me?"

He rubbed his forehead at the mention of this. "I... I'm changed now Bella."

I shook my head at him, stepping back farther.

"No...I don't believe that."

His green eyes stared right through me. The eyes I thought I loved at one point, but now they were nothing but empty orbs.

"Think what you must...but I have changed." He muttered.

I didn't know what to think of him. He did seem different, but how do I know?

I turned away from him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"H-how are you?" He asked nervously beside me.

I didn't look at him, but replied, "Fine...no thanks to you."

I head him mutter something under his breath, and then add, "Please Bella...Don't bring up the past."

I twirled towards him, every nasty thing he ever did to me just now making me angry. "If you didn't want to bring up the past, why did you come back?!"

He shifted awkwardly on his feet. "I...came back looking for you."

And angry feelings gone....just like that. That was one of the traits I hated about him, but loved at the same time.

"Well....you're too late. I'm not interested..." I lied.

He was a lot like Harry in a way.... The dimples and all....

"I get it....you don't want to see me again...but...I'll...be waiting..till your ready to talk."

I watched as he quickly snapped a picture of me with his camera, and then twirled on his heel and walked off.

The rain had slowed completely, and the others came into view.

"Bella!"

"Bells!"

"Belle!"

"Belly!"

"Bello!"

All the boys said at once.

I eyed each of them, not really feeling in much of a humorous mood.

But...Belly and Bello? I mean c'mon!

I sighed, pushing past them and making my down towards the exit.

It would be a long noisy walk back home, and I wanted to be done with it as soon as possible.

His face kept flashing in my mind every once and awhile....

-^-

Stupid images kept popping into my mind every minute someone would mention anything that had to do with pictures, boy, love....and even more random stupid things.

I had made up my mind to stay clear of Taylor and especially Harry. I tried hanging around Louis, but he could never stay in one spot. Then I tried Liam, but he didn't do anything fun. Niall was only eating again, and so my last chance was Zayn.

"Mind if I come bother you?" I asked, falling into the seat beside him.

He glanced over at me from his phone. "Sure thing."

I sighed, leaning my head against the back of the couch.

He must have noticed my loud sigh and placed his phone on his lap saying, "Something is bothering you..."

"How could you guess?!" I chuckled sarcastically.

"Well, the loud sigh kinda gave it away."

I smiled, nodding slowly at the this boy's dark brown eyes.

"Does it have to do with Harry and Taylor?" He asked.

I blinked, removing my eyes from his. I had to ask myself the same question. Did it? No, this was about Luke right? Well...I was pretty upset with Taylor and Harry for spending time together, but is that the reason I'm so stressed out?

Zayn chuckled beside me. "You don't know?"

I glanced back over at him, "I think it does..."

His dark eyebrows raised slightly on his tan forehead. "Yeah?"

"I guess...it's because Taylor is my friend...and don't want to lose her."

He stared at me with a sad smile. "I see."

"You do?" I asked. "Or are you just saying that to make me feel better?"

A big grin spread across his face.

I couldn't help but giggle, and hit him lightly in the arm. "You're horrible!"

"No! I know what you mean." He laughed. "I really do."

"Okay..." I smiled.

He returned one, wrapping his left arm around my shoulders.

"Why don't you tell her this?"

I rested my head on his shoulder. "Because...I want her to be happy."

He nodded. "Belle...I'm always here if you need me, okay?"

I nodded. "Thanks, Zayn."

"Mhm."

I smiled to myself, knowing I had just made a friend. It felt good to have someone there for me.

Though I did not tell him about Luke, I did tell him one truth and it felt better to be rid of the problem...for now.