Chapter 8:"Friends"

"Yeah it happened just like that!" Liam groaned sarcastically.

I trudged along behind them all, following behind Taylor closely as they led us to a table.

I was dreading every single minute of this, even though Harry remained cool and totally unaware of my hate for him right now.

Taylor, on the other hand, thought this was all fun and games.

We finally reached a small booth in the back. I watched unamused as Liam, Niall, and Zayn scooted into one end.

Oh and Taylor decided it would be hilarious to scoot in first, leaving Harry next to me.

Harry motioned for me to scoot next to Taylor, and I accepted slowly.

"I'm not kidding! That stupid thing attacked me!" Louis whined on.

I glued my hands into my lap, and my eyes fixed straight ahead at the others.

I could feel Harry stir beside me, and every once in awhile his foot would nudge mine one accident.

Every little thing he did made me want to leave even worse. Taylor only made it more painful as she slid closer to me so I would move closer to him.

I tried to remain focused on the conversation Louis and Liam were having instead.

"Louis, he just barked at you."

"Did not! Look!" Louis flung his hand into Liam's face, making bite marks on his hand clear for all to see.

Liam's face was priceless. His mouth dropped open in surprise, and his eyebrows raised. "I hope it didn't have rabies...." He huffed in all seriousness.

I held in an obnoxious laugh, and Harry said from beside me, "Louis that's not from the dog...that was from the other day when Niall bit you."

We all chuckled as Niall made a guilty look, plowing into his food instead.

"Oh right....When I tried to steal one of his treats." Louis shot a dark glare at Niall as he rubbed the back of his hand.

"So I was right! The dog didn't bite you." Liam cheered.

"Who really cares?" Zayn mumbled, resting his chin on his hand.

The conversation from there went boring. Taylor was rambling on about what she was going to be doing here in England, and one in awhile Louis would throw in a cheeky remark. I was eyeing everyone's plates to see if they were almost done, and we could leave. The quicker I was away from Harry, the better.

Taylor nudged me and whispered, "He's not seeming so bad...maybe you misjudged him."

I ignored her sneer and mimicked Zayn as I rested my chin in my heads.

Finally someone spoke up. "Well, I'd say we're about done here." Liam sighed.

I tried not to seem so excited, but mumbled, "Yeah, I'm exhausted."

Taylor chuckled. "I'm sure..."

I shot her a glare as I followed behind Harry as they walked for the exit. Finally free....

-^-

"You know, he isn't as bad as you described him." Taylor sighed, propping her chin up on her pillow with her hands.

It was hards to see her facial expression in the dark, but I could easily hear it in her voice. She fancied Harry, and it wasn't just because I absolutely hated him. But to tell you the truth, I felt a deep pain in my stomach at the thought of her with him.

"Oh but he is, Taylor...you don't even know the half of it." I mumbled into my pillow.

She chuckled quietly. "Why do you hate him so much?"

I hesitated to reply, because I was trying to think of something witty to throw back at her. Nothing came to mind, so I replied with a simple, "I dunno...he's annoying."

She looked deep in thought as she stared at me, and finally said, "Well, I hope you don't mind if I become friends with him."

The deep feeling of pain stabbed at me once again. I tried to ignore it and roll onto my other side.

"Well...Night Bells."

I mumbled a 'good night' in response, and stared off into the darkness.

A silence swept over the complete house. I was guessing everyone was asleep, or doing what I was doing....Thinking....

The only sound that could be heard every once in awhile, was the ticking of the clock, and Taylor's soft breathing from the other side of the room.

Even though I was very far from alone in this big spacious house, I felt utterly alone at the moment, and the pain deep inside me wouldn't leave.

I had a feeling this wasn't going to end anytime soon. My thoughts finally drifted as I fell into a deep sleep.

-^-

"Bella! Taylor! Wake up! We're going to the zoo!"

I woke up suddenly, feeling my heart beat wildly in my chest.

The blue guestroom filled my eyes, and I relaxed a bit.

"C'mon! We're going to the zoo!" The voice shouted again.

I rolled towards the voice, spotting a fully dressed Louis in the door way jumping up and down.

"The zoo!!!! Bella we're going to the zoo!"

I rubbed at my tired eyes, and nodded slowly at the happy boy.

"That's great, Lou...." I muttered tiredly.

He ran back down the hall, leaving the door open wide.

I glanced towards Taylor who looked in and out of sleep. Her blonde hair was braided still from last night, and was resting on her pillow beside her.

It made me wonder what my crazy hair looked like right now.

I threw my feet of the bed and trudged over to her.

"Get up, Tay..." I huffed in my morning voice, and shook her shoulder lightly.

She nodded slowly, but made no attempt to get up.

I left her alone, instead walking down the hall towards the kitchen.

I heard the boys loud voices from the hall. Mostly Louis as well.

"Oh gosh, I can't wait! The zoo!" Louis cheered.

I trudged into the kitchen, spotting Louis still jumping up and down, and a tired looking Harry slouched into the chair beside him. Liam was on the chair beside him, and he was browsing on his phone.

"Morning..." I huffed, sliding into the chair beside Liam.

"Morning..." He replied.

"The zoo!" Louis shouted once more, making a run for the stairs to go bother more people.

I rolled my eyes, sliding my arms onto the table, and resting my face in them.

I was glad that I couldn't see anyone, especially Harry who was sitting across from me.

"The zoo, huh?" I asked no one in particular.

Harry replied very briefly, "Yep."