Chapter 22:Stuck In This Cage

I knew Taylor was just saying those things to make me upset, because she couldn't simply stand me getting something she couldn't. but somewhere in the back of my mind, I wondered if what she said was actually true. I wondered if Harry never did actually care for me. I wondered if he was just playing us both all along. And most of all, I wondered why he hadn't returned yet. All these things didn't allow me to do anything but cry for most of the night, and I refused to go do anything with the guys, even if they did beg. Louis even told me he tried calling Harry but he didn't answer, which only led me to feel worse about the situation. Then of course, I had the fact that I was leaving tomorrow morning, possibly never to return back here. So, all in all, it was a dreadful night so far.

I was still curled up by the window, my head resting against it. I was freezing from head to toe, but I didn't feel like moving so I sat there anyway, allowing myself to numb. I heard the soft knock on the door, like the ones I'd been hearing all night as each boy tried to come and comfort me or pull me away. All of course had failed, and I planned on sending whoever this was away again. I didn't bother to look back at them, but listened as their footsteps creaked over to me.

"Bella..." Came the soft voice of Liam. I felt his hand land on my left shoulder, feeling warm compared to the temperature of the room. He most have noticed how chilled I was, because he sat beside me, leaning in close so I could feel his body heat start to warm me.

"You're freezing." He huffed. "Come away from the window."

I allowed him to carry me over to my bed, and help me get underneath the covers. He sat on the edge, and looked down at me in concern as I shivered. "I don't understand, Liam.." I said.

His brown eyes made me feel somewhat comforted. "What don't you understand?" He asked, reaching up to brush away my red bangs with his thumb.

"Why wouldn't he come back? If he loves me...why isn't he back yet?" I whimpered.

Liam sighed quietly. "I couldn't tell you...but don't give up hope yet...he could still come back..maybe soon."

I forced a nod, but deep inside I highly doubted it. Liam tried to flash me an endearing smile. "Do you need anything else?" He asked.

"No.." I answered. He was about to stand and exit, but I grabbed his arm. "Liam...could you stay..I don't want to be alone..."

He nodded slowly and sat back down. "Alright.."

"Could you...maybe sing me something?"

At first he looked surprised, but then a small smile spread across his lips. "Sure."

He hesitated, like he was trying to think of the right song to sing, ands then looked up to me, and singing ever so softly, " Goodnight, my angel. Time to close your eyes, and save these questions for another day. I think I know what you've been asking me. I think you know what I've been trying to say. I promised I would never leave you, and you should always know. Wherever you may go, no matter where you are

I never will be far away."

I closed my eyes, listening to his soothing voice, secretly wishing it was Harry.

He continued further, " Goodnight, my angel. Now it's time to sleep.

And still so many things I want to say. Remember all the songs you sang for me. When we went sailing on an emerald bay, and like a boat out on the ocean. I'm rocking you to sleep. The water's dark, and deep inside this ancient heart. You'll always be a part of me."

My mind was cleared of all the thoughts I had, and I tried to focus on Liam's voice, and only Liam's voice. I knew I'd asleep soon, because it was getting harder to open my eyes back up.